Wednesday 11 November 2009

my first gorjuss girl

Well as you might know I have been after some of these little ladies for ages and finally got my hands on a couple courtesy of Elaine ( Quixotic) selling off some of her old stamps. 

This means I can now enter both the Gorjuss challenge and sugar nellie challenges. One at a time though.

First the Gorjuss challenge I hope I'm in time if not I'll just show off my card. The theme I did is 'Bling',and I think my little lady has that. I decided it would make a nice christmas card for my hubby, well I might as well start to do the personalised ones now I have a fair stock of others. I used sakura glaze pen for her shiny red ress with little gems for decoration and her hair band. I then used more bling for my holly, I didn't have any red gems in the right shape so used my promarkers to recolour some amber ones, I think it worked well. Green mirricard added more bling for the leaves.

The layout is from Follow your heart challenge #42 with a little artistic interpretation. 

6 comments:

craftymum said...

Lovely card Julye. Especially love the bling hairband!!Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss. Hope to see you next week. Dion't worry if you use the same stamp each time. We don't mind
Love Sarah W XXX

Sarah said...

A lovely Christmas card, I agree with Sarah the blingy hairband is great. Thanks for joining and welcome to the world of Gorjussness! Sarah

Michele Spera said...

I love the christmas theme!! I especially love the bling shaped pieces in her headband, very cute!! Thank you for joining us at totally gorjuss this week
XmichelX

Suzie said...

A great card, so pretty. Thanks for joining us at TG. Suzie x

Anonymous said...

Fab card, glad you got hold of some girlies.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week - and good luck.
Barbara
xx

Kat said...

Love your colours and that hairband is something else. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week.

Kat x