Friday 6 November 2009

Plain and Simple for a man

This is the second of the cards I made whilst banished from hovering whilst my son did his geography. I used moonglow obsidian emerald embossing powder, I really love the classy finish they give. I have made this card with 2 challenges in mind the first is Polkadoodles as they wanted a card for a male and to use 3 brads, well I think thats what the challenge criteria was, I do frequently get it wrong but normally find out before I get to post so who knows.

The second challenge I think I'll enter it for is Mojo monday, they have a lovely simple layout I just thought fit this image so well. They have a star on their sketch and I've decided I am going to have to get me something to cut out stars as I tried 4 times before I gave up and went with an oval, which probably looks better anyway. I'm still not sure on the slightly distressed sentiment, I thought originally it suited the image era but now it's all stuck together I'm not sure.
I also versamark stamped some images on the dark green card as it looked as if it needed some balance, see what you think.

3 comments:

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles with this great card!!

Saskia :)

Kerry said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Tip Top said...

Great card and I think the distressing looks fine! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!