Thursday 10 December 2009

Clean and simple but covers so many challenges

Hi all, hope the week is treating you all well and the weekend isn't too desparately wanted by you all. I still have some pressies to get, namely for my dear hubby but its always hard as if he ever wants anything he just goes out and gets it and buying anything he doesn't want is a waste of money as it never gets used, so I'm still working on that one.

My project today is for my nephew, another male who is hard to buy for, so I thought I'd take a leaf from his mums book and as she usually gets our son a gift token thought we would recipricate, it all seems a little silly really but its the giving that counts isn't it. I thought I'd dress it up a little and put it in a gift card holder so I used my manga boy from sugar nellie, I'm sure its going to be a very well used stamp and last I heard he was into manga stuff  well thats what the pics on the cards he had looked like, he never says much just plays on his computer, quite anti social at times or is he just a teenager and I'm lucky having one who constantly chats to anyone who listens.

I decided that I would enter a couple of challenges but on looking through my notes it actually can be entered into loads,so I think this time round I might just list them, it will make a change anyway. Hope he likes it but I suppose I'll be lucky if I get a thankyou I never normally do and finish up saying thankyou for him.












The challenges I am entering are:
Crazy for challenges - want a gift card holder
Kraftin Kimme -want a gift card holder
Spoonful of sugar- want a monochromatic project (hope you don't mind the little bit of silver )
Bee crafty - want Not a card but a christmas extra
Passion for promarkers mega challenge- christmassy, not a card
Artful Inkables-want a clean and simple project
Three clovers challenge- want a holiday project using blue, white and silver
The Pink Elephant-want a christmas project using your favourite colour combo , well mine would be blue and white every time
Papertake weekly - use no red or green
Creative Inspirations want a festive project in non traditional colours
Stamp Vacation - pick 3 I used -lots of white space
                                                - use only one layer
                                                - use only one embelishment mines the silver cord

Bye for now and have a good evening

9 comments:

Annie said...

Clean and simple but oh so effective - love it.
Thanks for joining us at the Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a perfect gift card holder. I love the clean and simple style and the manga boy image is so cute. Thanks for joining in with our mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

NGCARDS said...

Absolutely beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations! xxx

lil-paper-pixie said...

Lovely gift card holder Julye, thanks for playing along at Passion for Promarkers & good luck.

Hugs

Sarah

Wiccababe said...

fab gift card holder Julye
thanks for joining us on the xmas extravaganza at PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

Denise Clark said...

Terrific card! I certainly hope you get a thank you as you deserve one! I love what you did with the silver cord. Very nice! Perfect for a fella! Thanks for playing along with the PICK 3 Challenge at Stamping Vacation!

Bee said...

Super Christmas extra, these are a great way to personalise a gift. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

Janiel/ janny said...

What a cute card!!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
hugs, Janiel

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous project Julye. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x