Monday 21 December 2009

My advent prize from whimsy...

...is put to work. This is my first whimsy stamp, though I have quite a few on my wish list, I was lucky enough to win in in Whimsy's advent calendar, and its definitely no calories.
I decided to use it to enter their challenge this week #32 which is to make something black and white. I've not added a sentiment as I've not yet decided what kind of card it will be, it may end up being a christmas card for next year or  a winter birthday card particularly if the snow keeps up all winter or just a thankyou card, but the sentinent will go on the side next to the snowman.
The card is just black shiney card I used a fiskers embossing board to emboss the snowflakes and I thought I'd make the base card square but the easel board A5 size just to be different. The snowman and bird are coloured with grey and black promarkers and the beak and carrot with sakura  pens for strong definition and a little shine. I found  a silver snowflake brad for my stopper that I covered in the same stickles I used on my snowman. So here it is my first Whisy stamp for the Whimsy challenge.

I am also entering this card into these challenges providing I haven't missed the deadlines:
Kaboodle Doodle #20  glitter me silly- well less is more and they have a dt call too.
Kraftin Kimme #10 -sparkle baby
creative card crew-anything goes- these also have a dt call
There she goes clear stamps #33 -use at least 3 layers
Tellens place#5- use a black base
Our creative corner- let it snow
The Corrosive challenge- blingy and mine certainly is!
Stampavie and more- snowmen



I can't believe I found so many challenge4s this card fits in my little book, which I can't believe is just about full so I guess when the new year starts along with the new challenges I will be starting a new note book,have any of you started thinking about your new years resolutions or are you all too busy with christmas prep yet? Would love to know some of your resolutions, last year mine were not to plan things too far ahead only a couple of days where possible and then when something happens to change long term plans there is no dissappointment. It works quite well and fits in with hubby who over our married life has frequently given me a weeks notice or less when he walks in from work and tells me he's booked a holiday for the following week. We have only had one holiday that was a long term plan as it took some organising and that was 3 weeks touring 2 canadian states and we had to ensure we had hotels with wheelchair access, and I got 3 months notice for that one, it makes life fun!
The other I made my second resolution was not to make any more as they usually get broken, I think the only reason the other one doesn't so much is because it's just how my life runs and when I have tried to plan long term it all goes wrong so its just not worth it but I do occassionally lapse.What are your thoughts and resolutions?

5 comments:

Michelle B said...

Very pretty Julye! Thank you for joining us this week over at Tellen's Place...Be sure to join us after the holidays for some more FUN!

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Do What You Love said...

Julye, love that embossing effect and what a pretty image! Your coloring is just great! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place! ;D

blackdragon said...

this is just soooooo cute,
Thanks for joining us at tellens place this week.
hugs lynx

Alexandra Lundgren said...

So sweet! Love the texture and color contrasts!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Fantastic card - I LOVE the black and white and the image is so cute. Thanks so much for playing along with the CCC during this very busy time of year. Best of everything to you in 2010!