Saturday 5 December 2009

Red special card

Hi all hope its not too cold where you all are ,it could be worse I suppose we could be in chaos from inches of snow, sorry if you already are.
Well my card is for mum to send to my sister the sketch is from Totally gorjuss  and as I got some more gorjuss stamps just had to use one of them. I coloured it red as my sis being a natural blonde likes wearing red, she's definitely no blonde bimbo or bombshell though. Fab layout though another for the favourites book.

Over at the pink elephant challlenge they want you to use your favourite colouring medium and though I love those I have that sparkle since getting my promarkers I have bearly used anything else they are just so versatile. I used them to colour the flower so it matches perfectly. The flowers, well I have been trying to use more embellishments since entering challenges and improve my cards so went to buy some flowers , I couldn't believe how much they cost for the small packs they had in hobbycraft, and to get some in each colour, 4 multipackes with 6 of 4 colours in each was going to be £12. I came up with the idea of getting some silk flowers and pulling them to bits, but these weren't much cheaper, but in another shop just further down, the exact same spays were £1.49 each. I got 3 so now have loads of flowers in different sizes and can colour them whatever colour I like. They are all the same shape but it was only an experiment so now I know it works I can look for different flower styles. See what you think to my flower, I've used them on another project too on another post.


Right back to my card and the challenges. Stamp something have a theme of glitzy and as I have glitter on my dots and glitter paper and mirri card , I think it might be glitzy, don't you?

I love promarkers the first time I'm entering have a theme of spots and stripes and as I have dotty paper and stripes of glitter paper and ribbon I can enter so glad I found their blog. I love finding new challenges I can play.

 Saturday spotlight with hidden potential have a theme of christmas flowers so I can enter this card as I have my now red flower.
C.R.A.F.T. challenge want a card for a christmas birthday, my sisters birthday isn't strictly christmas as its at the begining of January, but when she was little she always complained it was too close to christmas and often got one gift for both christmas and birthday so I count it as a christmas birthday.

Finally over at Stamping vacation they have a pick 3 challenge and I picked glitter paper, colour an image and add glittler to patterned paper.

Well I suppose I should show you my card and then you can see my coloured flower. Thanks for taking the time to visit as I know things are getting busy for everyone as christmas gets closer and to those who don't get chance to call back have a wonderful christmas.

I don't know if it will count but I'm going to be cheeky and see if my passion marker coloured flower will count as christmas not a card over at pasion for promarkers mega challenge!

23 comments:

Net said...

What a super card! Your colouring is lovely, reds can be quite difficult, but they look perfect.

Thanks for playing Gorjuss with us!

LORi said...

WOW so very pretty!!!
So happy you joined us at TPE this week!!!

Big Hugs - LORi BOYD

Annie said...

oh my great job with the flower!! I use Promarkers all the time to colour my ribbons but not done flowers yet. It looks good.

Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant and hope to see you again next week.

Ann xxx

peggy said...

Lovely card !!!
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge,

Peggy xx

Kat said...

This is beautiful, love the colouring. Great idea for the flower. I often use Promarkers for edging and colouring clear jewels and white card candy. Flowers too and quite often I punch out flowers from the DP or plain coloured paper or card if I can't find some to fit in. Thanks for joining us at TG and hope to see you again.

Kat x

craftymum said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at TG. See you again next week
Love Sarah W XXX

Crystal said...

AWWW She is precious, I just LOVE the added sparkle...Darling card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

Trudi said...

Very pretty Julye! Love all the sparkle. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a beautiful card. The image is adorable and the flower is stunning. I hope you understand but for our mega Christmas challenge at PFP we want to see completely non card related items. Can't wait to see what you come up with next :) Hugs, Denise x

Darlene said...

What a darling creation! Very clever use of those silk flowers ... well done! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! Hope to see you again next week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful csrd, great colouring and fab flower.
I buy mine from ebay and make my own with punches, usually combining the two on a card.
Thanks for joining in this week on Totally Gorjuss, and good luck.
Barbara

Julie said...

Such a lovely card, a fab flower. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Julie x

Denise Clark said...

Love your glittering creation! You did a wonderful job on this! The red really shines and looks terrific with this adorable image! Love the flower. Great touch! Thanks so much for playing along with the PICK 3 Challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a sweet card!! I just love your image and your festive colors!! Beautiful flower. Thanks for playing with us at Sat. Spotlight.
~Chris

Jodi said...

A very pretty card you have made!! Love the color red and the pretty flower you used!! Thanks for joining us for Sat. Spotlight!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Suzi Mac said...

Gorgeous card, love the layout and the image. Thank you so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week, good luck in the draw.
Suzi xx

WeirdCat said...

Lovely card, love the varying shades of red, thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers
Ruth x

Magda said...

Great card. Very nice colours. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge & good luck.
Magda x

Karen said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is just gorgeous!! I really love your colors and your beautiful flower and image!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, really like this image. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

jenny said...

Gorgeous card x

LISA said...

Stunning!!! Love your card, Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Hugs Lisa xx