Wednesday 14 August 2013

Fancy little card

This card I made for my mum to send to my step niece for her wedding. Mum had seen a card on lilis little fairies site for their monochrome challenge and came to lunch last week with kindle in hand and the site saved asking if I could make something similar. The card was made by Jayne and can be seen on her blog here, and it is beautiful. I unfortunately didn't have any fancy edged dies and on looking found that with my bigshot could only use spellbinder large dies not the grand ones so my card is dinky. I'm hoping mum thinks its OK and that good things come in small packages. I have only recently started to expand my die collection but after purchasing these fancy edged dies could easily become addicted and am currently planting seeds in my hubby's head for a new A4 die cutting machine made by jus-cutz which is based in Mansfield not far from me, as this will allow me to get and use bigger dies.




I used spellbinders floral ovals large die for the bases and the purple paper is a freebie from Debbi Moores site from the Venetian freebie collection. If I knew what the rest of the papers on the CD were like it might be worth investing in. The image is coloured with promarkers and sakura glitter pens and one I love from LOTV. The ribbon and charm is from my stash. The sentiment is a peel off and just the right size.


 The card base has the next size down floral oval as a place to write their congratulations on and as its an easel card I used some wild orchid company (WOC) flowers I won a while ago as the stopper interlaced with some iridescent pearl string to tie all the colours together as I think they look lilacy .


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

little claires -wedding/anniversarry
stempelsonne-anything goes
WOC-anything goes

4 comments:

Dreja said...

Die Karte ist so super.
Danke daß du bei der Stempelsonnenchallenge mitmachst.

LG Dreja

Tina said...

Das sieht so toll aus. Klasse gemacht.

Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

LG Tina

Malin ~ Lillpiga said...

Thanks for joining us at WOC with your lovely card!

Best regards, Malin ♥

Martina said...

Beautiful Wedding card! Thanks for taking part at Stempelsonnenchallenge!
Martina