Sunday 15 November 2009

the first day of christmas... for a guy

This card is for sveral challenges the first being Penny Black's challenge and they wanted a 'christmas card for a guy', I don't have many Penny Black stamps but I love my 12 days of christmas set and think they are all good for guys well perhaps not the hedgehog dancer but you never know do you.

I won some basic grey papers as part of day 3 world card making day (still waiting  on one part of prize to arrive) so I thought I might use some of them to enter the Basic Grey challenge of Glitz and Bling too.

Somehow the 2 challenges don't tie up in my head very well but its a good job they do on paper. I used the pear printed paper as a base for my little partrige and added sparkly holly stickles glitter to some of the pears, really subtle glitz.

I then added  a whole lot more bling when I followed saturday sketches sketch #77 over at Sketch saturday and I figured that was a whole lot of circles so I could also enter Kraftin Kimmies #6 challenge 'Lots of circles.'

6 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Great job...with LOTS o' circles!!

Sharon said...

This is fab and perfect for a guy.

Kath Stewart said...

wow julye...fun card and perfect for a male card...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxxxx

Pauline C said...

Great funky card Julye - love that pear paper with your cute image! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Very cool! Love that pear paper!

You posted a question on the Little Paper Shop blog and I did not see an e-mail address for you anywhere, but to answer it, you do NOT have to use LPS images for the weekly challenges (but if you have 'em, why not??) but you do have to follow the challenge of the week (i.e. this week, 11/16/09 is to use die cuts on a card).

ALSO, if you would like to join us on the LPS forum (free to join) there are currently THREE free LPS Digi Stamps available for download. Here is the link to the forum site:

http://littlepapershop.ning.com/

And here is a direct link to the free digis category:

http://littlepapershop.ning.com/forum/categories/free-digis/listForCategory

Hope you play along with us!

Victoria said...

this is a fab card. Re Mr linky, maybe you have to link to different posts each time to get it to work? I didn't think of that. If not don't worry, I'll start a spreadsheet for everyone with the correct number of entries on

Victoria
x