Friday 27 November 2009

Gorjuss Vintage

Well that's what it's suppose to be,and it's almost what I had in my minds eye. This was originally for 2 challenges Totally Gorjuss of course who have a girly theme and Passion for promarkers who have a vintage theme.

The layout is from a sketch at Lili of the valley, I don't think I've missed the deadline, fingers crossed, I was suprised how well it seemed to fit with these themes, vintage unless it's all victoriany and lacey strikes me as being masculine its either over the top girly or very don't know what the word is, I want to say harsh or abrupt but neither seem right. Hopefully I've got somwewhere in between as I'm not a lacey girly as you well know.

Papercutz has an open theme so I guess this will be suitable for their challenge too.


Now for my last challenge I might just be being a little naughty and twisting the rules, I suppose it's just all down to interpretation. Crafty sentiments has a challenge to use ribbon as your only embellishment, well strictly speaking thats true as my 3 little roses are made from satin ribbon, do you think thats bending the rules a little bit too far? I suppose I'll only find out if I enter the challenge.

10 comments:

craftymum said...

Lovely card and well done for incorporating so may challenges. Thanks for joining us at TG. See you again next week and do check out the DT blogs
Love Sarah W XXX

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a pretty card. The image is so sweet and your colouring is fab. The layout is gorgeous and the ribbon is lush. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

sophiesmama said...

So sweet Julye! Love the colors too. Thanks for playing PCC!
Hugs,
Mary

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Julye. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Kat said...

Love the way you coloured the Gorjuss Girl Julye. Thanks for joining us at TG this week and hope to see you again.

Kat x

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Love the image you used...thanks for joining us at PCC this week!!

Terry

Wiccababe said...

such a pretty card
thanks for joining us on pfP this week and good luck
Debbi
p.s remember to enter the blog candy on the weekend workshop

Helen Dooley said...

Love the card. I love the girls, thanks for playing at PCC.

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is a wonderful creation! Thanks for playing along with Paper Cutz!!! Beth

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Julyeb and such a great take on our sketch. Super sweet image , gorgeous papers and ribbon detail.
Thank you for joining us at LOTV.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-