Saturday 21 November 2009

I can't believe this card covers so many challenges

I started off this card with only 3 challenges in mind, one for the sketch and 2 for santa images. It wasn't until I looked through my notes that I discovered this sweet card covers 8 challenges, I almost feel guilty putting it in for so many. Sorry for the wet glue only my son has a new Sims game and as his exams are over and at parents evening all teachers gave him glowing reports , and we are trying to keep him chilled out for his up coming surgery on Tuesday he is hogging the big computer so I was a little pushed for time and have hopped on the computer while he is in the shower.

Firstly the sketch layout is from Truely Scrumptious challenge, with a little artistic lisence, but I think you can still see the layout.

Die Cut Dreams #23 wanted a Santa on the project for their challenge as did Magical crafts fortnightly challenge who wanted a snowman or Santa with sparklies, a ribbon and some christmas flora. The sparklies are on Santa's beard, I did a close up a bit further down the post but still don't think it shows up well. Winter wonderland also wanted St.Nicholas which is just another name for Santa isn't it?

Ildi Co creative challenge wanted a project with the theme of a christmas song and I hadn't thought about that until I found my self singing in my head ( as my son was stilll asleep in the next room at 6:10 this morning) 'Deck the Halls with bows of holly' as I stamped the sentiment on this card so I can now enter that challenge too.


Colour create challenge has a colour theme of red, green and white so I did another challenge without trying, maybe I had all these challenges in my head and just did them all subconciously, life would be so easy if everything just fell into place. I know it looks like I've used another colour too but my Santa is embossed in moonglow ruby obsidian , I love these powders for showing up details and they have such a lovely shine too.

Cute daisy may challenge have a different theme of 'touchy' to add  texture to your project and I think my holly bows definitly constitute as touchy texture.

The Corrosive challenge wanted some form of embossing and my Santa is well and truely heat embossed so thats another.
I'm still having problems believing one card can fill so many challenges.

24 comments:

Lynda said...

He is such a jolly St Nick - Love your card. Thanks for joining in with Winter Wonderland.

Lynda xxx

Teri said...

What a fabulous, strong image! I love this St Nick!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xx

Sharon said...

This is lovely, I love the holly you've used and well done for fitting in so many challenges on 1 card! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.

Donna said...

gorgeous card Julye,
Love the Santa image and the holly - yhanks for joining us at MCFC this time and good luck!
Donna x

Joey said...

Hiya

Gorgeous creation, I love the image! thanks for joining us at ww

Joey.x

Teri said...

Yummy card - love it!
Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Nicola said...

Ooh he is gorgeous and makes a fabbo crimbo card.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Nicola -x-

pinky said...

Your holly definitely does add texture, lovely card. Thanks for playing at cdm this week.
Pinky

Carol Ann said...

Another great card Julye very unusual too I like the way you have used the holly and ribbon.

Thank you for joining in the challenge at MCFC.

P.S. I hope all goes well next week with your Son.

Carol Ann xx

jackiescrafts said...

Hi Julye,
thanks for joining us at MCFC this time. Your card is great I really like the old fashioned Santa image and the way you have put the elements together
Jackie x

JayLynn said...

Very beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for playing with us at ICCC!!

Unknown said...

A beautiful card, very traditional too!!
hugs Angela x

Chris said...

A wonderful card Julye and a superb Santa image! Love the tip about the embossing powder and it really has picked up all the lovely details. Great design, I love the holly and ribbons. Glad you could join us on CC this time. Chris :)

Susie Sugar said...

Stunning card great heat embossing
Thanks for joining in this week at the DCD Challenge
Hugs Susie xx

the crafty duck said...

Beautiful card Julye, love that Santa, he's gorgeous, tahnks for playing at MCFC love Steph

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Smashing card! Thanks for joining the CDM Challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

Great card Julye - very striking - the holly looks fab. Thanks for joining us at MCFC - good luck in the draw and hope all goes well for your son next week x Shell

Chris (catt871) said...

GOODNESS!!!!! Julye....this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I love that Santa!!!!! THANKS for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi There.
Super santa image..
Love the holly.
Thanks for playing at MCFC.
Good Luck with everything.
Hugs Angel

Liz said...

Love the vintage Santa Susie Wonderful Thanks for joining MCFC this fortnigh

Liz x

Unknown said...

This is wonderful Julye, the vintage style has worked so well and love the use of the Holly. Well done on covering so many challenges.

Thanks for joining us for our latest challenge over on MCFC and good luck again.

Hope all goes well with your son's surgery next week.

Hugs

Joanne xx

P.S. Your MCFC prize is on it's way too you.

Mel X said...

Hiya, Great card, love the image and vintage design of the whole layout

Mel X

Mina said...

so many challenge in one card well done you...fabulous card...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

Di said...

Wow so many challenges well done!!
Love your card!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week
Hugs DI xx