Friday 13 November 2009

my first easel card easier than I thought

For the secret crafter saturday challenge you had to do an easel card so I thought I'd give it a go, and was pleasantly suprised how easy it was.
I decided to combine with some other challenges as I'm getting use to not having to think about layouts as sketches take 1/2 the thinking away, lazy really letting someone else do all the work. The layout I've used is sketch and stash #23.


Roses on paper wanted a christmas card so i guess this Tilda would fit their challenge too. Magical crafts also have their first challenge and I might just scrape in to the deadline for one of the 2 challenge parts as their deadline is 9pm and its 10 to 9 now so I best type quicker. Their challenge is red green and gold christmas card or ornament. Extra double time as my web just closed but luckily saved a draft, here's my card.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful easel card Julye, love your colouring of the Tilda image, and the LO works well with this card design. I also made my first easel cards this week and was pleasantly surprised how quick and easy they are to make up.

Thanks for joining us for our very first challenge over on MCFC and good luck.

Joanne xx

the crafty duck said...

Gorgeous card Julye, love the image, fits well with the layout, must try an easel card myself, they are so effective!! Thanks for playing at Magical crafts first challenge, love Steph

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful easel card Julye I'm sure the "Special Couple" will be delighted when they receive it. I love your stamped image too lovely colours used. Thank you for joining in our first ever challenge at Magical Crafts.

Carol Ann xx

jackiescrafts said...

Hi Julye
Thar's a great easel card, really must have a go at making one myself. The Tilda image is real cute and works well with the card layout
Thanks for joining in our first at MCFC

Jackie x

Becky said...

So gorgeous! You worked the sketch so well!! Love your card!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Donna said...

Hi Julye,
Lovely easel card, and gorgeous image - thanks for joining in on our first challenge at MCFC!
Good luck, and I hope we see you in many more!
Donna x

Carol Ann said...

Congratulations JulyeB on being one of our first winners over on Magical Crafts Fortnightly Challenge!

Carol Ann xx

Liz said...

Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts Challenge I do not know how I missed your entry But I did I am most sorry its a great card love the new style and congratulations on being one of the winners I hope you join in this fortninght

Liz x

Chrissie said...

What a lovely card Julye, I'm loving these easel cards at the moment!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Jill said...

gorgeous easel card Julie thanks for joining us at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx