Friday 13 November 2009

Something a bit different...for me anyway


This card is for the whiff of Joy challenge initially as its one of my newly aquirred stamp images the only WOJ one I have so far so you'll probably all get sick of seeing the same image but still. I love the way she looks in different colours, and these colours brown, orange and ivory make her look so warm and comfortable. It's different for me, as I am trying very hard to make my cards more fussy, for me, as opposed to my usual plain and simple. I do find it hard to mix and match different papers and patterns and I'm so not a ribbon and flower girl, so when I do put them on a card I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone, but I think I'm happy with the result, its probably the colours that help as it doesn't look too girly.

I'm also entering this card into the Quixotic challenge which is faux or real stitching. I love sewing but as yet can't bring myself to setting up my sewing machine to make a card, so faux stitching it is ...for now.

The layout for this card is from Pixie cottage, I quite like this layout as it isn't too fussy.
I'm also going to enter it into the Paperplay #41 challenge which is a recipe of 2  patterned papers 3 buttons and 1 ribbon. I hope they don't mind that I added some extras too.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks just beautiful! I love the stitching around the image. thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with our recipe! I love the image and colors too! Thanks for playing along at PaperPlay this week!

Tammy said...

Awesome card!!! Did you hand stitch around the image!?! Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again!! Good Luck!

Deirdre said...

Great to see your beautiful card for the Paperplay Challenge - love it. Love the colours you used and your design.

Risa said...

What a beautiful card! I love your image and such beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and Good Luck!
hugs
Risa:)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the colours, it doesn't look like you are out of your comfort zone this is fab.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Perfect card! I just adore the colours you ahve used and the faux stitching looks great. Thanks for joining us at QP this week, Hugs Judy xx

Beautiful Greetings said...

What a sweet image and I just love the colors you used. Thank you so much for playing with the Pixie Cottage this week!