Sunday 8 November 2009

Whiff of Joy new stamp well new to me

Elaine at Quixotic cards was selling off some of her stamps, and as I have problems being allowed to use paypal I decided I would treat myself and re-home as many of her stamps as I could afford from ones she  happened tohave that are on my wish list.
Elaine had one of the Willow stamps from Elisabeth Bell, not sure on the titles of stamps just which images I like and this was one of them on my list. It means now I can enter WOJ challenges as long as this image fits the challenge of course until I get some more from my wish list , I am already saving my pennies.
WOJ have a sketch to follow, which is a little different but I think I managed and I used my new to me stamp.
I decided I would combine it with a couple of other challenges I'm presuming thats ok as I can't find any rules other than use a WOJ stamp .

My card is unusally for me Pink! and I happened upon a challenge at La la land challenge that has a challenge for a pink project so I'm going to pop along and enter that too.

I used 3 different papers, 2 stamps and one kind of embellishment, well I don't count faux stitching as an embellishment, as I think of embellishments as something you stick on like buttons or flowers or snowflakes, but if I'm wrong I appologise and Lily of the Valley will not have to enter me into their challenge . If they accept my description for an embellishment I'm ok. I always think of faux stitching as more a doodle, well you draw it don't you and I tend to find myself drawing daisy chain flowers with running stitch stems when I'm on the phone. Maybe some one some where is psyco-analyising me and thinking ahhha! that explains alot?

Kraftin Kimme, I have just found in my little book of challenges wanted some stiching, faux or real and as I have faux blanket stitch holding my papers together I think that counts.
Hope you like my card, I'm sure one of my neighbours daughters will be getting this sometime in the future for a birthday.

9 comments:

maxine said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us this week

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Lovely design and great stitching!

Unknown said...

Cute card you got here! Love those stitches! Great job! Awesome take on our PINK challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at La La Land Crafts!

Kathy said...

Pretty card! I really like your paper and this image is so cute! Fab stitching as well!
Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at La La Land!
:)Kathy

cats whiskers said...

Wow this is just stunning dear what a fantastic colour scheme, and stiching don't count, thanks for playing with LOTV this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Elena said...

She is so precious! And your stitching is beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful job!! Love your wonderful stitching..

Maureen said...

So pretty! Love that image and all the stitching! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Very sweet! Pretty in pink and fab faux stitching! Thank you for joining us this week at La-La Land Craft! xx Jane