Monday 31 May 2010

Bring back summer!

Typical bank holiday weather but I never really think of summer starting until schools break up well at least after this next half term holiday as I'm not sure much work gets done in the last term of school from my own memory and experience of my son, though I'm sure most teachers would disagree.Not getting into that discussion though as I have a card, something of a rarety I feel at the mo, but not for many more weeks as half Andrews exams are done so normality will resume in about 4 weeks, well my chaotic reality anyway.

My card is bright and cheerful unlike the weather, the image was a freebie from 2 cute rubber stamps that I got as far as colouring for their first challenge but never quite got any further. It is such a fun image that so reminds me of summer though  can't say it's because we spend all sumer on the beach as we don't we live miles from any beach but it reminds me of the hours my son spent in his sand pit and paddling pool when little and as my birthday is in august and we were usually on family holidays then I just associate all summer with my birthday and summer holidays, silly really but I like having a 6 week period where I can treat myself for my birthday. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.LOL. Can't think of the excuses I use for the rest of the year off the top of my head though.

Anyway back to my card. I went back to my comfort zone with the sketch from Raise the bar clean and simple with a few peel offs to break up the vast orange background and extra buttons as one just looked lonely and lost.

Pixie Dust studio and Charisma both wanted rounds on your project and I have a round image and buttons so thats 2 more challenges, I do love it when things fall in place.

The Pink Elephant have a challenge to use bright colours so I hope my sunshine colours count for that.

Cupcake craft challenge have a summer delights challenge so my summer sunshine holiday covers that challenge too.

There's a new challenge at inlinkz too to make a project for a birthdayboy using turquoise, blue, limw green and spicy brown.See the post above for details if the link I'm trying to add doesn't work.

Finally but definitly not least is the challenge over at cowgirl challenge. They have a recipe of 1 digi image, 2 different patterned papers and 3 embellishments. Don't know if my card will count as I made one of my papers patterned by adding the peel offs. I entered this with this card as I don't often use digi images as I'm more a rubber girl so as my cute crab was a digi had to try for this one.

Hope the weather cheers up here but wishing everyone a very cheerful monday regardless of the weather. Thanks for popping by Julye.

19 comments:

Sophie said...

Julye I absoluteley love this card! The lickle crab it is so cute! Will have to talk my mum into getting me an image of it!!! Lovely Colours as well!
Hugs
Sophie Doodles
xx

~* steph :) *~ said...

your card is so super cute! thanks so much for sharing :)! love it. *hugs* steph :)

Gina said...

He definitely has the feel of summer about him, and you've coloured him beautifully! Great idea to use peel offs to make a patterned paper. Thank you for playing along at Cowgirl Sunday Challenge.
Love as always Gina x x x

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a cool card ! I love this little crab, it's so cute ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Alison (Groovycrafter) said...

Hi
Love this bright funky card....
That Crab is just so cute with his little bucket!!!!
Good Luck!!!
Thank you for joining us at CSSC...
Hugs Alison.
xx

Jean said...

Hi Julye - stopped by to check out your latest blog posts and have spent waaaaaay too much time here. :) Your work is AMAZing. Fabulous cards and am really liking the LOTV images. This is why I should stay at home - I see so much stuff I want and can't have out here in blogland! Thanks for sharing. I'll be back!

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

love your card feels like summer, image is so cute. thanks for joining us at CSSC.

Amy said...

Oh i love your card!! It is just ADORABLE!!! So so so cute!!

Diane (djuseless) said...

Super cute! I love that crab! Thanks for playing along with Cowgirl's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge!

Beccy said...

That is such a cute crab - why dont they breed them that cute on the beach!!!!
Thanks for joining in with CSSC.
Beccy x

Cat said...

What an adorable card! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust this week!

~*Joni said...

Hi Julye! This card made me giggle with the sweet crab. ;) I love the color orange so anything with any hue makes me smile. What a great color scheme you've used here! He is so adorable, thank you for letting him party with us at Raise The Bar!
~*Joni

Queen La Rubba said...

ver cute! I love how differnt your card is! Great fun image and I love the bright colors!
Thank you for joining us for "COWGIRL’S SUNDAY STAMP CHALLENGE"! I look forward to seeing more of your SUPER FABULOUS crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Kim said...

awesome work...love the crab....looks like he is having fun
thanks for joining us at cowgirl's sunday stamp'en challange....good luck
hugs
CJ

Sarah A said...

What a gorgeous summery card, love the colours and that crab is FAB!!

Thanks for sharing with us over at Cowgirl Sunday Stamp'en Challenge.

Sarah x

Claire said...

Your card is a real ray of sunshine, love the little crab!!
Thanks for joining us at CSSC
Claire xx

Monika Reeck said...

Your card is so lovely for boys love that main Images and the colors too...Good Luck with the challenge..
Btw, my card is number 90 on the InkLinkz Challenge would you mind to see my Blog?Many thanks before :) hugs, Monika

Spyder said...

This is waaaay tooo cute!! Love that image,I'm on the inlinkz blog hop too, hope you'll call in on #43
(Lyn)

http://spyder-spyderscorner.blogspot.com/

*Ang* said...

Gorgeous image, and great use of our recipe challenge! Thank you for joining us at Cowgirl's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge. Hugs, Ang x