Wednesday 25 September 2013

14 years of marriage


My baby brother and sister in law will have been married 14 years this October so I thought I would use the traditional colours or gift as inspiration, only to find that traditionally its not that significant but modern wise the traditional colours are ivory and gold so that's what I went with.                                                                                                                                                                                                            I decided to use this cute image from sugar nellie and used pastal browns, peaches and lemon/creams promarkers to colour with a little sakura gel for the strings on the boxes.
I used ivory card stock for the base and for the image layer which I fussy cut and also for the sentiment which is from LOTV. The gold is gold vellum I found at a computer fair I went to with my hubby years ago and it has been rolled up in the corner of my craft room since then. The image base layer I cut with spellbinders and the vellum I drew around the die to get the wavy edge. The front of the card I finished with some ivory ribbon tied in a bow.


sorry about the shocking pink line down the piccy side not sure where its come from or whether it will show when this post is published.
The base of the card has the same layers with an extra smaller die cue layer with a sentiment from CC designs again dressed with ivory hand tied bow and flowers and an ivory rose.


I made the two ovals into an easel card and the flowers are the stop all I can do now is hope my sis in law likes the card but I guess as they live a couple of hundred miles away so they will receive the card by post and they aren't the kind that say thanks for cards etc but at least I know I made an effort.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
A creative romance-dies and punches
Craft dee bowz-anything with a bow
Happy campers-show us your flowers
crafty ribbons-anything goes
fussy n fancy-punches and die
created with love-fall colours
OSAAT-anything goes
LEJ designs-lots of layers
creative inspirations challenge-use your favourite stamp brand


14 comments:

Chris Hanselman said...

Adorable image. Love the oval easel. Thanks for joining our Fall Colors Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

Donna Maligno said...

Such a sweet card both inside and out! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh this card is so beautiful. Love the die cuts you used and the image is adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Created with love challenges.

Linda K. DT

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Your card is Stunning!! love the die cuts and the way you put it together.
Thanks for joining us at Created with love challenges.

Linda K. DT

Kim H said...

Beautiful card - I'm sure your brother and sister in law will love it! Thanks for joining us at Happy Campers. Kim xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Julye :-) the image is very cute and the shape and colours are FAB I am sure they will love this !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
luv
Lols x x x
p.s I have a candy on MY BLOG if you would like to join in :-)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful coloring & arrangement. I'll celebrate my 30th Anniversary this Nov. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch182 Anything Goes.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
OSAAT DT

Ingrid Mason said...

Such a cute image, and I love the die cuts - Julye. I imagine your brother and sister in law will really love it. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

Mimi said...

I am sure your brother and sister in law will love this beautiful card. Fabulous use of die cuts and great colouring on your digi :) Good luck in this weeks OSAAT challenge and hope to see you back again next week. Hugs Jane OSAAT DT

Unknown said...

A stunning card that i am sure they are going to love and 14 years of marriage thats great! love the colours and the inside and the step by step..beautiful. Many thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT Anita DT

Unknown said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges this week.

Hugs,
Maria

K8 said...

So beautiful card, love the color!! Thank you for join us at Created With Love Challenge this week, hugs Kate (DT)

Gale said...

Beautiful anniversary card. Love the sweet image. Thanks for playing along with us in our Use Ribbon Challenge at Creative Craft Challenges and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

Unknown said...

Very nice card . Thank you for joining in over at LEJ Designs . I would love to see more of your projects in the future LEJ DT