Wednesday 8 June 2011

Celebration card

Time has a way of passing by and you not realising until something special to celebrate arrives and then you wonder where the years have disappeared to, children celebrating milestone birthdays, leaving home and siblings celebrating special wedding anniversaries or birthdays too.
This card is for my step brother and his wife who at the end of this month will be celbrating 25 years of marriage, and I decided I wanted to experiment with some punched flowers, I think it worked and hopefully they will like their card.

I used a forever friends image which I coloured with promarkers and cut out. The rest of my card I decided to keep white as I think it has a kind of elegance .

The card base I embossed using my fiskars shapeboss which hasn't seen the light of day for who knows how long, I 'found' it when I moved my craft room round a few weeks ago. The flowers and leaves are punched form copy paper and arranged corner to corner and the flower centres are liquid pearls. The truth is I actually made a big boo boo and embossed the wrong sides edges of my card as I did intend having the embossed daisy in the corners without flowers butgot it wrong so my punched flowers actually cover the embossed daisies but I quite like the little heart in the corner and bet you wouldn't have realised my error if I hadn't said, so I'll call it a happy accident. The sentiment is a mix of a peel-off and a sticker and that fills the other corner, small and not too intrusive.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
sweet stamps-anniversary/wedding( try again did too many combos for the last try,naughty me)
One stop craft-texture
Allsorts-all white
pollycraft-love and marriage
forever friends-punch it out
dream valley-stamp something

6 comments:

ike said...

Oh WOW that is soooo lovely. The white flowers on the embossing is just divine, and such cute FF bears. I LOVE this card. I bet they will be really pleased with it.
Ike xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

This is such a lovely card love the placement of the flowers...

Thanks for joining in our all white challenge at Allsorts

Emma xxx

XxJULESxX said...

beautiful card Julye,and the flowers are so pretty! thanks for joining in at FF!

Sarah_W said...

Such pretty flowers, such a simple colour scheme and it works wonderfully! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges! *Hugs* Sarah xx

Sande said...

Such a beautiful card! Very lovely white colors!

Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends!

Hugs, Sande xxx

Unknown said...

Such a unique and creative card!!!love the white flowers combine's with red rose !!Thanks for sharing this unique idea's ,added some more designs of the birthday party!!
custom credit cards
plastic id cards online