Friday 16 October 2015

My first Christmas card

I know many crafters
 have started making Christmas cards ages ago but I like the rush of making all mine last minute when its cold and dark outside often wet or snowy. I have had real problems getting my head into gear to make this Christmas card and it has taken me 3 weeks to actually put it together, and I now have a couple more to make early too as we have family visiting soon and we send them home with all their Christmas gifts and cards so I have to get organised.

This card is for a teenage boy such an awkward age when making cards as they are neither young nor adult. I decided to go down the line of masculine colours on a fun generic winter image.The stamp I think is Whimsy and I coloured with promarkers and cut out onto a circle with a docrafts X-cut die. 


The papers are from Lili of the Valley and I love the black snowflakes it just gives it a more masculine feel . I used a kraft base card and followed a sketch from Atlantic hearts. The brads are from craftworks and the sentiment strip is from a set by Kanban eons old and only the dregs of the set survives like this strip now.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;- 

Stamp and create - brown or kraft

Christmas card challenge - anything goes


A snowflake promise - anything goes with winter 

Inky impressions - make it krafty

fab n funky - make it square

crafty creations - don't be blue

addicted to stamps - anything goes

Julia spiri - die cuts and punches

7 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

This is a great card. Love that image and this should be perfect for a teen boy. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges this month. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

*Vicki* said...

I adore this snowman image!! One of my faves from Whimsy Stamps! :) I love that you've used the brown colors too!! Well done! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Rene said...

SO cute!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck,
Rene

Darlene said...

Well congrats on getting your holiday started and what a great start! Love your choice of color ... looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at 2 Crafty Girls! We hope you’ll join us again real soon! Remember, you can enter THREE times! Good Luck!
Darlene
2 CRAFTY GIRLS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Monika Reeck said...

Cute little snowman
and how you coloring him ...adorable
love that three panel behind him
great monochrome card
thanks for joining with us at ATSM this week
hugs, Monika (DT Member)

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fun and fabulous first Christmas card. Thanks for joining in the fun with the Fab 'n' Funky crew for our 'Make it Square' challenge. Look forward to seeing you back again soon. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Bettina L. said...

Such a lovely Christmas card. Thanks for playing at Julia Spiri and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Julia Spiri xx