Friday 2 October 2015

Patchwork potted mouse

Happy Friday all hope the sun shines upon you all again at some point today, unless you are really desperate for rain of course. 

Today I have an anything card as depending on what sentiment I add I think I could use it for quite a few occasions. I used my 3rd  house mouse stamp that I treated myself to when I bought Martini mouse to make hubby's birthday card well it meant I didn't pay p+p so made them cheaper my excuse anyway. I just think this wee one is so cute and I love daisies so even better.


I coloured the image with promarkers and used a die cut oval to cut it out. The scrap of card I stamped it on wasn't quite long enough to fit the whole oval on but a happy accident as I actually quite like the two flat ends as I think it makes it look just that little bit different.

The base card is white and I used some squares of ready cut papers that came in a scrap-booking set from one of the TV craft channels not sure which as I've had it quite a few years and am down to odd bits from the set. I simply cut them to size to make a patchwork effect and it reminds me of a thick winter bed-quilt that you could snuggle under and instantly feel warm particularly with the rich colours,though that wasn't intentional either just the squares I chose randomly.

I wanted to add something but wasn't sure what as it didn't quite look finished, I did contemplate adding stitching to the squares to look like over-sewing but decided that might make it look too busy , so I opted for adding some cross stitch around the image using a purple sakura gel pen.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Polkadoodles - favourite card shape
(must be my favourite as I make more this shape than any other ,guess I ought to make an effort to try some other shapes)

catch the bug - autumn colours

quirky crafts - sewn with love

House mouse - fall/halloween/anything goes

die cutting divas - anything goes


papertake weekly - take your pick colour theme

Simply papercraft - anything goes

crafty girls - anything goes

crafting with dragonflies - anything goes

The craft garden -autumnal colours

fussy n fancy - autumn colours

21 comments:

Rosemary said...

A very versatile design, you could use it for a get well card, cheer up card, just thinking of you, even a birthday card! Love it - and let's face it, it's always good judgement to buy more to save more (especially on p&p).

Kathy said...

Very cool, love the patchwork background, looks just like a quilt. Thanks for joining us for our color challenge at Bugaboo!

Carla's Cards said...

Such a sweet card, thanks for sharing with Simply Papercraft!

Susan Hogan said...

Love House Mouse - so sweet. Great idea for the edging too. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting with Dragonflies!

Jen Leeflang said...

Your card is cute! Thanks for playing in our colour challenge this week at Bugaboo Stamps. Please come again soon!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT

America said...

Hi Julye! This House-Mouse is totally adorable. Love the faux cross stitching edging with the gel pen. Looks fabulous! A great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining the FUN at HMFMC - House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Hope you will enter again next time too. Good Luck to you! :)

Wynn said...

So cute. I love the House Mouse images......all adorable. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

Beth Brovold said...

I love the patchwork design Julye!! What an adorable card...thank you for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends! Good luck and hope to see you again next challenge!
Take care,
Beth

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Fall/Halloween Monday Challenge!

Oh my you do have patience to add all the lovely cross stitch patterns! It did add that special touch to your fun creation!!!


♥ Sue Kment

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, love the details, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Sue said...

Love this little mouse. The squares in the back ground look great, and that cross stitching is awesome. Thanks for joining us for the HOuse Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Shelly said...

Beautiful card for our Patchwork challenge. Gorgeous choice of image. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers, Shelly x

The Crafty Den said...

Super cute card Julye. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous papers and the stitching looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week/. Hugs, Denise x

Eileen said...

A really cute image and wow you certainly used bold colours here. Love the patchwork backing you have made and the stitching is a great finishing touch.
Thanks for joining in with our 'Patchwork' challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers, and good luck
Eileen x

Unknown said...

I just love how you did the patchwork background, it looks really cool. Gorgeous stamp is a perfect point in this card. Thank you for joining our challenge at Passion For Promarkers and please come back again for a brand new one.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Moni said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Quirky Crafts.-Monica.-dt

Christine said...

Lovely patchwork papers & this sweet mousey image is adorable lovely cute card..
Thanks for sharing @ House Mouse & friends Mon. chall..

smiles Christine x

MezzoKat said...

Very cute card! I see that you're new to House Mouse stamps. I think you'll find it hard to resist adding to the three you have!

Aunty Sue said...

So cute and perfect for our Shape card challenge at Polkadoodles Thanks for sharing and good luck.
Aunty Sue DT

Diane said...

Wonder what this little guy is thinking Julye.....such a sweet card and so glad you could join in the fun at HMAFMC !!

Good luck sweetie !!

hugs Diane xx

Eileen said...

A really cute House Mouse design. Great shading on the flower pot and perfect papers. Great cross stitching too. Thanks for playing alone with our 'Autumn Cololurs' challenge at Fussy and Fancy, and good luck
Eileen x