Friday 23 July 2010

Card for Mary

Morning all, got to make this quick as this morning I've got someone coming to insulate the loft and they could be here anytime between 8 and 12:30 and teenage son is still in bed , and the way things go if he doesn't get up soon they will arrive at 8 and he will be stuck in his room as he won't be sneaking around the ladder with his walking frame.

This morning I have made a card for Mary. Mary is Mandy's (a sprinkling of glitter) mum in law and has just under gone surgery which was a bit touch and go, so they are celebrating her survival, and Janette suggested it would be a nice idea to inundate Mary with cards. Mandy agreed and has offered some candy as an incentive, more details on her blog here.

I also decided that I might enter myself for the dt team at die cut dreams, the theme is pink and girly. Now as many of you will know I find pink a real challenge but I must be getting better as I've made another pink card I actually like , that brings the count to 2.

I used a Tilda image that I won in a truth or lies competition Susie runs along with one of her die cuts the papers are some freebies and some checked from stash. The flower is from k and co I think. I coloured the image in promarkers and added a bit of sparkle with some stickles.

Hope Mary likes it and makes a speedy trouble free recovery.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

This is simply beautiful Julye, and would brighten up anyones day. I think you've got over your pink problem, this is gorgeous.
Love Elaine xx

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. I love all the pink!

Susie Sugar said...

Julye you say you don't like pink much but bloomin heck girl you do it so well you should use pink more often this is fab darling,
before I started crafting pink was'nt my fav colour either but its grown on me and now it is!! as you know , and I can see that happening to you too if you keep turning out stunners like this !!!
Thanks for entering your lovely card into our DT call at the DCD challenge
Hugs Susie xx

Nicola said...

Beautiful card Julye,Tilda is coloured fabulously and your papers and layout are gorgeous.
Thanks so much for entering our DT call at the Die cut Dreams blog.
Hugs,
Nicola & the Dream Team

Karen said...

Very pretty Julye, good luck with the DT call.
xx

Victoria said...

gorgeous card Julye. Love the layout and that flower is just fabulous

Thanks so much for entering our DT call at Die Cut Dreams - and good luck!

Hugs
Victoria
x