Saturday 31 July 2010

Sisters have a special day.

Well I didn't know that but I suppose I didn't go looking either, I found out last year there is a grandparents day ,only by chance and that they had actually changed the date from the previous year so it coinsided with something for age concern or something like that, I think it's sometime in october but if anyone knows the exact date could they let me know please. I'd also like to know if there is a special day for brothers too.

You may well be asking what I'm on about and what started this odd train of thought , well over at Daring cardmakers they have a theme of making a card for special girlfriend as it's girlfriend day on the 1st of august , I presume it's just special friend who is a girl , girlfriend or maybe it could be boy's girlfriends girlfriends too I'm not sure. It is also sister day on the 2nd of august so you can make a card for either. Well I have just finished making my catrd for my baby sis and will endevour to get it in the post for her so it arrives by the 2nd, if I'm lucky. I think I best put a note in it about sisters day though otherwise she will think I've totally lost it as her birthday is in January, and as she is a phychiatric nurse totally loosing it might be a bad thing.

The layout is from craftwork cards and I thought it lent itself well to the thought behind the card, I only have a few craftwork bits, candy and some chocolate related sentiments that were bought with my sis who is a chocoholic in mind.

I could also enter this into the stamp man challenge, I did have something else in mind so if I'm allowed I might be entering twice . Their challenge is to take 2 colours, mine here are yellow, varying shades and use to be my sisters fav childhood colour not sure if her taste has changed though and brown , my candy dots.

My cute little daisies I love making and over at Craftilicious they have a make your own flowers challenge, so I'm in. There DT have some fab examples too and all very different.

Alphabet challenges are N for nature so I guess flowers count as nature.

Cute card thursday have an intresting challenge called 'text', make your words a focal piont, I really wondered how I could do this and whilst makiong this card it dawned on me that I had actually done it.

Anyway hope you all have a great weekend and I have another card to upload later but for now I'm off to the post office.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - I love the colour scheme. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

MauMau88 said...

I like the colours from your card!

Tanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge.

Georgiana said...

I sure do like those colors and your flowers are precious.

Carolina said...

Very beautiful card.
Thank you for joining the alphabet challenge

Crafteezee said...

Love the colour scheme and your lovely flowers and I'm sure your Sis will love it too.

Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious this week.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have some candy on my blog if you want to pop over.

The Stamp Man said...

A lovely bright sunny card Julye, I hope your sister understood about it being for sister's day:)

Thank you for entering it into The Stamp Man Take 2 Colours Challenge

Jill