Wednesday 21 July 2010

Cooking up a recipe

Morning all, time for some fun over at Penny's paper crafty challenges. Please come and join in as we have a fab sponser and a fun recipe that have given some very varied results form the design team, and we can't wait to see how all you talented crafters interpret it. This is my first challenge with the team at Penny's as I was away for the last one which should have been my first and I am so looking forweard to seeing all the fab entries, so please come and join us at Penny's.

See if you can guess the recipe from my card and then pop along and see what the other DT members came up with to see if you were right, 2 challenges in one but mine is just for fun.
Here's my card:-

I used Rory such a cutie waiting for his plant to grow from sugar nellie, I love their stamps. The papers are a mix from papermainia and some freebies from a magazine way back. The ribbon and buttons are also by Papermania. I coloured Rory in with promakers on glossy card, it tends to dry funny but gives a texture so sometimes this is useful.Not at all how I thought this would turn out as it's far cleaner than I had in mind but I really like how it turned out and will make a fab birthday card for my sister inlaw next month, her mum always says she has a green finger and she is a leo so perfect.

I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:-

Pollycrafts-happy birthday
Cupcake craft - cats and/or dogs (Rory is a big cat)
The Sugar bowl-fab sketch and use blue
Craftilicious-birthdays
Crazy for challenges-use buttons
ISB-clean and simple

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week Julye ! I agree with you Rory is a big cat ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Iris Wiechmann said...

Oh Rory is just too cute! Thanks for playing along with us Julye at ISB challenges!

Hugs,
Iris

Faye said...

Hiya Julye. This is a fab card, love the colours and the image too. Need those buttons! Thanks for playing at Cupcake.

Sylvia x said...

hi Julye

love your blog!!! thanks for popping in to mine...no craft stash is coming with me apart from 3 mags!!! just going to google though and see if there are any craft shops in the area!!!

have a great weekend

sylvia xx

Kati said...

The image is so cute!

Thanks for joining us at ISB-Challenge and good luck,

hugs, Kati

Milliesmarvels said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joininh us for the Pollycraft challenge!
Jane
x

Lilian said...

I like your marker coloring on glossy paper - it really has a different effect than the usual coloring I see. Very cool! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Unknown said...

Great card, such a cute image

Thanks for joining in our challenge at Craftalicious & best of luck

Jan xx

Mandy said...

Awww Julye this gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious
hugs Mandy xx