Thursday 22 October 2009

A happy birthday with an unuasual sketch and embossibilites

This card I have done for 2 challenges the first is at Whimsy Stamps challenge and the second at Montygonza's card challenges.
Whimsy have a theme of embossibilites so I have heat embossed both my little cup cakes and my dancing and partying forever friend. I also heat embossed the 'happy birthday' using moonglow powder but decided it needed a little more definition which I added in the form of shading depth using a sakura pen.

The layout is from the sketch at Montygonza's and I had real problems deciding which papers to use. I must admit I've added a layer as the card I thought it would fit it was too big for, so slight artistic lisence as with the embellishment, why have one large when you can have lots in the form of musical notes, hope it not stretch too far and remains eligible.

I think I need alot more practice with these sketch layouts, oh well as I go away on saturday I suppose I ought to think about packing and getting things organised for my 2 men whilst I'm away however would they cope without me, well I can pretend I'm indispensible ,it makes me feel good.
Sorry about the quality of the picture only my son is on a geography field trip and has my camera so I had to use the scanner to get my piccy instead and its not quite as clear as the camera but i think you can get an idea of what it looks like.

4 comments:

crafty amy said...

This is so cute and I like the extra bits you have added to it :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Squirrel x said...

Awh, it's great hun, and a brilliant interpretation of the sketch - stand up and be proud! Hugs, Squirrel xx

Anonymous said...

OH Wow! This so cute. I love all those cupcakes, what a great Idea. Your colouring is amazing.
The "extra" embellishment is fine, the card looks amazing. Well done.
Thank you for playing along with this months challenge.

Amanda

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Adorable card! Love the cute images and your fun layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsy! :)