Friday 29 April 2011

Bye bye birdie

Some of my son's friends will be leaving school wel 6th form in the next few weeks and he will be sorry to see them go but wishes them all well , he asked if I would make him some cards to send them on thier way with his good wishes. It originally started at a couple but this keeps growing, so you may see more in thew next wek or so.

He has chosen the images he would like including at least one I have had to order , hope it arrives in time. This is the first of a couple he has asked for with this sassy girl. The colours are to match with his friends colouring and as the leavers all seem to have bought commemorative hoodies in colours of their choice the first cards he wanted in purple which was the colour choice of the hoodies some of his friends bought, but the cards all have to be different. No pressure or challenge there then from him.

I coloured my image with Promarkers and used Sakura glaze pens for the eye pupils. The papers are all from my scraps folder and each I edged with purple promarker just to tie it all together. The gems and pearls are from my stash as is the ribbon. The tag will be where I put the sentiment though as yet my son hasn't decided what sentiment to put, miss you, good luck or something else but thats where it will go.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Cook with Katie-ribbon bows and a tag
MAWTT-anything goes

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh I love this card. Your son is so thoughtful and what a nice mom you are to comply with his request!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the image & the LO!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

DesignerDiva said...

Lovin this image Julye its really cute and your purple check DP is FAB! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for Pami's Anything Goes challenge this week and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

Sue H @ Astrachic Studio said...

Hi Julye, I love that card so much.
So far it must be my fav. The purple and lavender with plad and gems and pearls! It just has all the boxes ticked. To die for brown eyes. That is one of Kristas prints that I got for my sons partner Natasha she is a vet and I thought the sentiment was correct. I feel sad for birds in cages too.
Enjoyed the royal wedding more than I thought I would. Very Sweet.
Have a great long weekend.
Sue

Robin Parker said...

Love the purple. Great designer paper and image. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

Suzie McFloozy said...

Great card love the colourful tartan DP x
Thanks for sharing it with us at cooking it up with Katie this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Chris said...

How have we created such demanding children!? I've got the female version in my house.
It's a lovely card and it's sweet of hime to want to send cards to those he'll miss.
thanks for playing with us at Cooking It Up with Katie.

Katie said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Mary Marsh said...

this is a cute card-thanks for playing along with us at creative belli