Tuesday 12 April 2011

Emboss it!

Good morning all , hope you have all got over the Monday morning blues , another 2 weeks have gone not sure where this month is disappearing to let alone the year. This post will hopefully pop into blog land when its suppose to as I will have been at the hospital with hubby and son as my son is having yet more surgery, I think he has had his fair share of operations in his lifetime enough for all 3 of us and more, but hopefully this one will remove the pain he is in when walking along with the large screw that is causing it with out having to have too much bone chipped away to get to it.

Right as it is Tuesday it's challenge time over at Creative craft challenges and we have some fab sponsors this time too so lots of goodies to win.

Our sponsors for the main challenge are The Crafty Pad, Crafty Individuals and Which craft .
Our top 3 sponsor is Doodle dragon studios.

Hopefully with all these fab goodies we will get a few more entries than on our bookmarks challenge.

Suppose I best tell you the challenge, well it's Embossing, now you can do wet powder embossing, or dry embossing with a machine or stencil by hand so lots of choice. Looking forward to seeing your projects and all the diversity too. For more inspiration why not pop over to the challenge blog and the DT's blogs for more details on their projects.


My card I used one of the fun Alice in wonderland images Dustin Pike gave us to play with. I decided to try and be clever, not sure it worked quite as well as I hoped and dry emboss the image as well as my base card. I used Fiskars boards , swirls for the base card and on the smoke on my image and scales ion my caterpillar. I coloured with promarkers and then kept the layout quite simple. I wanted a fun sentiment but as yet haven't come up with one I like. I did think it would make a fun get well card for my son and thought about staying chilled on the drugs or just popping by to say High, but the latter would be totally lost on him so any thoughts would be great fully received as you are all such a talented bunch.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

The craft garden -four (buttons in the corner)
Totally Papercrafts-layout
Cute card thursday-tropical (colours)
DYSU-yellow, follow the yellow brick road(wrong film I know)
Crafts for eternity-colour challenge, yellow , blue and green
The stampman-embossing
Crafty catz-embossing
Craft your passion-2 by 2
Paper Sundaes-childhood memories- have to say though Alice in wonderland is a childhood memory not a good one as I can remember being dragged from te cinema by my mum as a young child screaming not sure if it was falling down the rabbit hole or the cheshire cat that bit actually elludes me but Alice in wonderland does spark a childhood memory even if its not a good one.





Will have to add the links at a later point hopefully son will be discharged today but who knows , I've got to the point that I never bank on things then there are no disappointments.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

aahh this is so cute Julye, I love embossing so definitely I'll be joining in :) Hugs xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card hun, such a cute image and I love the embossing folder you've used.
I just popped over to say I hope Andrew is o.k and not too stressed out, I'm keeping my fingers crossed his op is a success and he feels loads better after
big hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

love how you've made the caterpillar look bumpy-- i think it's perfect:)!! your coloring is really well done, too!...good luck with your challenges:)...and i think your sentiments are perfect for this card!....

hope your boy recovers quickly...sending him get well wishes!

xoxo

dragonllew said...

Great card love how you have embossed the image too

Denise said...

Great card and such a fun image. I love how you have embossed the image. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Great card - I just love that embossing and it looks really effective on the image.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

WencheP said...

Very cool. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Unknown said...

That's great - you can really see the efect in the smoke

kitten DYSU team

Fiona said...

what a cute little bug!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

fi

Barbara said...

What a Funky card. I am sure your son will love it. Sure hoping that he is well soon.Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion for our "Two by Two" challenge. Hope to see you again on Monday for our next challenge. Barb GDT.

pinky said...

Love the embossing and cute little image. Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.

carol said...

great card, love the embossing,thanks for playing along with us at Craftycatz, x carol

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and great embossing thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week

having a {me} day said...

So adorable! Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeley

Helen Pigott said...

This is lovely and a great addition to our challenge, thank you for joining us at The Craft Garden.
Helen x
Check out another challenge here http://acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com/2011/04/april-tag-challenge.html

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a fab card, Thank you for joining in with us at The Craft Garden, good luck.
Kevin xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a fab card, Thank you for joining in with us at The Craft Garden, good luck.
Kevin xx

Anonymous said...

How clever to emboss the image too.Works well.Cheerful card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Unknown said...

A beautiful card Thanks for playing along with the Stamp Man challenge x Janet