Sunday 24 April 2011

OSAAT new challenge

Happy Easter one and all and I hope the Easter Bunny has been good to you all but if he has brought you loads of chocolate no making yourself sick on it.lol.

 
Well Sunday brings a new challenge over at OSAAT and this time we are showcasing the fathers day/sports collab which can be purchased here for $50 or is free with purchases over $10 or more, bargain if you ask me.



We have more fab sponsors too and prizes from






and











This time round I was given a cheerleader to play with by the talented Sue from Beary dust you can get her here .


I decided to print her straight onto my card and stick with a red black and white theme. Took me ages to decide how to make her in to a fathers day card, as cheerleading isn't that big here in the UK and was unheard of when I was at school so please forgive me if my sentiment is all wrong and far too English. I wrote my words on word using Wordart and then printed the insert too.




The image is coloured with Promarkers and the pompoms took a while and a few attempts to get right but I ended up with gift wrap ribbon which I cut in to small strips coloured some with Promarkers and left the other bits. I curled the ends with scissors and stuck them on with PVA letting each couple dry, as I found otherwise they slid out of place. I think it looks fab and am pleased with it but then again what do I know about cheer leading zilch!





The inside I wrote DAD!












































Can't wait to see what you all come up with. The theme isn't just fathers day though you can do sporty things too, well many Dads love their sport don't they?




The rest of the DT have done some fab work as always awe inspiring so please pop by and show them some love for all their inspiration and then play and have fun, beats eating chocolate in my book and it's healthier too.




I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:-




Claudia and co-clean and simple
I love promarkers-anything goes
Delicious doodles-anything goes
Pile it on- 2 or more ribbons do all my little gift wrap ribbons count?
creative inspiration challenge-use a digi
stamping with the dragon-sports

20 comments:

Choccy said...

Julye what a fantastic idea. I love those pom poms.

Choccy xx
(P.S. I had a cream egg for breakfast ;O) ) lol

1CardCreator said...

Great card, love those pom pom's!

Marjo said...

Hi Julye,

Those little pom poms are a wonderful added touch! You did an awesome job girl. Hope you are having a wonderful Easter.

Bunches of Hugs, Marjo

katesacraftybugger said...

brilliant idea , those pom poms are great .thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Wenda said...

Beautiful card Julye.

Hugs Wenda

BethieJ said...

So CUTE!! Love the pom poms!!
Thanks for joining us at PIO!!
Have a GREAT day, and Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

love your girl's pompoms!...

hope you had a blessed Easter:)...

xoxo

Julie said...

A fab card, the pom poms are great. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

Julie W x

Bea said...

What a cute card :o9

Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time

Bea

stampingmarianne said...

I so love the pompons! So creative!
Have a good easter!
Marianne

Renee said...

What a cute card. Love the pom-poms. Cute idea

Josephine said...

Great card - love the pom-poms!

Karen said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Sarah said...

Julye I love the pom-poms! What an awesome idea.
Hugs
Sarah

Anne Temple said...

Your pom-poms are perfect! So glad you joined us the the Sports challenge at Stamping with the Dragon this week.

cheryl said...

oh this is one,brilliant card hun adore those pom poms,bless you for playing at creative inspirations this week hugs cheryl xxxxx

Suzi Mac said...

What a fabulous card you have created. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

sparklingblackrose said...

Fun card :-) Elaine-xxx-

Anonymous said...

Beyond cute card. I love the pom poms. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Helen said...

Fab card - love the pom-poms!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x