Monday 25 April 2011

Sparkly fashionista

Good afternoon one and all and hope it's a great Monday for everyone even those who aren't off for the end of the Easter weekend and are at work skiving by checking out blog land.

The card I have to share today is a commissioned card for a granddaughter, the young lady in question I think is 19 or 20 not sure which so hope she likes this. Her grandmother normally gets her one of my cards but last year they were away on holiday and she bought one to send and it didn't go down well at all. The lady commented how funny she thought that was, as none of the girls' family ever send cards for the rest of the family birthdays but then feel put out if they don't receive nice cards when its their birthdays.

I decided to have a play with my Sassy girls, I did think I'd have my new ones to play with as I ordered them a week last Saturday but as yet they haven't arrived, so tomorrow I will contact the house of sugar just to make sure they haven't got lost along the way. I coloured my wee girl in promarkers and used sakura glaze pens for her eyes and glitter decorations on her dress and socks for extra sparkle. The papers are scraps I'm trying to use up and I think the check is forever friends and the dotty pearls one is from Costco.
The flowers are from my stash as is the ribbon and the pins I made.
The background inside the card is stamped lace using a stampman stamp as is the 'granddaughter' and both were stamped using brilliance twilight ink and embossed with holographic powder.

I would like to enter this tent card into the following challenges:-

Totally gorjuss-bling it on
RRR -violet, lilacs and plums
Fairytale challenge-tent card
Crafty Ann's-fancy folds
Addicted to stamps -layout
I did it creations-1 image,2 papers and 3 embellishments
Timbroscrapmania-metal and lace
CRAFT-flowers
There's magic in the air-multifold card
St. Luke's Hospice challenge-say it with flowers

21 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, fab colours and love the pins you made. Great bling. Thanks for playing along at Totally Gorjuss. Hope to see you back on Saturday. Marianne x

Bianca said...

Oh what a lovely card! I love the glitter and the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Ann Whitfield said...

I think this one will more than make up for last year's disappointment Julye! It's really lovely, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Jen said...

lovely card, like the addition of the pins/ Thank you for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge this week.
Jen x

Nicoletta said...

Gorgeous card! I love the glitter and the colours you have used!
Thanks for joining us at TSM challenge!
Hugs
Nicoletta

Hannapanna said...

Gorgeous colours. Love the image. Thanks for joining us over at Fairytale Challenges. Hugs, Hanna (GDT)

Marjo said...

Hi Julye,

Love your design and colors, way to Rock the Metal girl! Thanks for playing with us at Simply Creat this week.

Bunches of Hugs, Marjo

Gloria Westerman said...

This is so pretty....I love the colors....and your flowers are just prefect....thank you for playing with us at PCC

Giò said...

such a lovely card!! Beautiful image and colouring too!!! I love the cute teal pins!!
Thanks for joining us at TSM challenge.
Hugs, Giò

Stampin Lucy said...

Very cool card!! I LOVE these colors...my fav!! I enjoy the close up shot you shared with us also....thanks for playing along with us at There's Magic in the Air.

Nadell said...

Beautiful job on the sketch and so sweet. Thanks for joining us at ATSC.

Hugs Nadell

Bella76 said...

Thats a lovely Card. Thanks for join us at Fairy Tale.

Hugs Ela

darling Ho said...

Wow! How cool she is! I love the colours, Great!
Thanks for sharing it at FTC & SC this time:)
~~hugs~darling Ho~~

PokSa said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
lg Sandra

BA said...

this is so wonderful
tahnks for joining us at TSM
xoxo BA

lina said...

Your card is very nice, the flowers are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at TSM Challenge! Lina

Chelsea said...

Adorable card Juyle. Such a cute image and gorgeous coloring. A wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at ATSC.
Love,
Chelsea

fairie said...

She is so cute, love the colors; thanks for playing with us at Paper CupCakes. :)

Nina said...

Julye, this is just so pretty, love the all the purple. The sparkle, flowers and stick pins are just beautiful. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA with Paper Cupcakes!
Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA w Paper Cupakes Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Rose said...

such pretty stick pins :)
so glad you joined us on Simply Create for our "METAL" challenge :)

Unknown said...

congrats on the win over at SC, and thanks so much for playing along with us!!!