Friday 1 April 2011

Imposter? or just one of easter Bunnies helpers?

Another commissioned Easter card for a 6 year old, but not too babyish, hope I got it right.
This fab and cute image is a Stitchy Bear image that we were given to play with over at Penny's for our challenge earlier in the week.
I don't think they will mind me sharing my card with you all as I was recently asked if I would like to join their design team. Quite funny really as I had been pondering over whether to apply for another DT to bring it up to 3 teams that I am on but wasn't sure so decided I would leave it for now and agreed with myself , rationalised more like, that I would wait to be asked to join a team. If it was meant for me to be on 3 teams then it would happen. I really didn't expect it to, it was just my way of consoling myself. Then out of the blue the lovely Marjo asked if I would like to join the OSAAT team so of course I didn't hesitate and I said yes please. I was so flattered and am slowly finding my way round to popping along to all the other DT members inspiring blogs. It is taking me some time as I go for a quick look and to say hi and get distracted but I will get there.

Back to my card. The image is called Imposter, I coloured with my Promarkers as per, I really do love how they blend. I know those who love Copics swear by them but unless some kind person wants to donate some Copics my way I guess I will never know if they are better or the same or worse than my Promarkers. The only advantage I can see not having any is that you can refill Copics but you can't Promarkers, but Copics are more expensive so who knows.

Please excuse the plug in the background, note to self to move it!

I decided to have a play with card shape and made a half easel card, I did start to make a twisted easel card but wasn't sure it would look right with this image. I stamped some chicks directly onto the card and decorated the rest of the card with last years magazine freebie papers. The sentiment is a cc design and just the right size. The large egg I made using a fiskars shape cutter covered with more paper then added ribbon and a bow. Hope he likes it and doesn't think its too girly.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:- 

A spoonful of sugar-Easter
Creative Inspirations-card for a man(does a little man count?)
Creative card crew-card for a child
Crafty Creations-bunnies, he's trying really hard to be one
Creative craft world-Easter
Sentimental sundays-cute and cuddly
Craft your pasions-grin and bear it
Papercutz-Easter
Totally papercrafts-for the boys
Card mad fairies digi days-Easter with a digi
Auds sentiments-card for a child

20 comments:

Lou said...

Lovely card Julye, love the easter colours :) thank you for joining in with us over at CCW.

Lou x

Audrey said...

Super cute! I love the layout! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Audrey said...

Super cute! I love the layout! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Dawnll said...

This is adorable as can be-
I just wanted to pop in and thank you for joining my blog candy giveaway- such a sweet comment and such dear of you to place it on your sidebar.
Thanks for following and GOOD LUCK!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is totally cute Julye - love the pretty Spring colours and the cuddly Teddy-Bunny! Thanks for joining us again at Sentimental Sundays - Hugs, Sylvia x

Design og Hobby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Design og Hobby said...

Very cute eastercard, love that bear with bunny-ears!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew this week!
Hugs, Gry!

Sheila said...

Lovely card using such a cute image. Love the easel LO too!! TY for joining us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days and good luck! Sheila:)X

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

awh, so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Maggie's Crafts said...

So cute!

Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week!

Maggie
x

Christel said...

This card is really cute!
Thanks for joining Creative card crew this week!

Saskia said...

So cute! Lovely bunny-card for Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Jenni said...

He's not fooling anybody is he!! Lovely card, thanks so much for joining in with the Cardmadfairy Easter challenge.
Jenni x

Merry said...

Cute card and perfect for a 6 year old. Thanks for joining in at Cardmadfairy Digi Days.

Choccy said...

Cuuute card Julye.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our Easter Challenge.
Choccy x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is soooo cute do you know I'm trying to think if I've ever made an easter card cus I cant remember if I started crafting just before or just after easter last year lol.....I would forget hubby's name if it weren't tattoed on my arm lol.
Thanks for asking about Natalie hun she is a lot better her stomach is taking a lot longer to heal so we've kept her off school all week. We will see how she goes over the weekend & hopefully send her in on monday.
Hope you have a fab weekend & hope you get spoilt tomorrow shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Anonymous said...

Awww,so cute and colourful.Great style of card too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Hempsukka said...

Lovely card!

MiniOwner said...

That's soooooo cute! Thank you for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Denimo said...

How cute!! Those bunny ears look soooo fluffy! Any child would love it! So glad you could join us for our Aud Sentiments challenge.