Friday 22 April 2011

Glitter cup cake

Wow I can't believe it's Saturday again where has this week gone, well most of it I have been in my craft room but unfortunately not crafting. For the past few weeks one of the floor boards has been sinking when walked on which really meant it needed looking at and possibly replacing, problem was it was right in the middle of the room. I should explain I have 2 desks and 2 cupboards and 3 6'6" bookcases around the edge of the room so it meant I had at least half of them to move and most are full of craft stash and others are full of paperwork oh forgot to say 3 stacking units and a entertainment unit too that weighs a ton(hubby's old toy).
So anyway managed to move half the stuff into various rooms so I could move the larger furniture and just managed to get to the floorboard. It wasn't just lose but cracked and not attached to anything at one end and held by one nail at the other. I lifted it to replace it only to find it wasn't attached as there was nothing to attach it to and the adjoining one wasn't much better. The problem was that when the boards were lifted to gain access to the electrics the kindly soul who did that cut the boards right next to the joists and just replaced them leaving them floating. Anyways I did fix it by finding some wood I managed to cut to size to fit between the joists and brace the boards. It took me nearly 4 hours but I no longer have squeaky floor boards.
Now you are all thinking if I fixed that why no crafting, well I decided I'd move the furniture round and have a sort out of all my craft stash and that has taken me 3 days, looks far better and I found stuff I had forgotten about along the way but can't say I liked being stuck indoors when the weather has been so nice and no crafting and loads needed too, so now I'm going to be busy and have almost finished my son's birthday card for tomorrow thank goodness.

Today I'm sharing with you a card I made for Mandy(a sprinkling of glitter) who's birthday was on the 17th, Andrew my son picked the image which is a catch the bug cutie. I coloured with a mix of sakura pens and promarkers and of course added some glitter in the form of stickles. The papers are all from my scraps and some may recognise the magnolia packaging.The image is mounted on vellum which has been stamped with happy birthday in pink brilliance ink.I finished with a peel off sentiment and ribbon again from my stash.Now when I made this I did have a few challenges in mind but those deadlines are well and truly missed so will have to see if there are any around to submit it to.

Found some. I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Little miss muffet-glitter and shine
Crafty purple frog-texture and ribbon
Stamp with fun-happy birthday
Cupcake craft challenges-lots of layers
Whoopsi daisy-free and easy
Paper sundaes-texture

11 comments:

Mandy said...

Julye this card is beautiful hun, I love the cute image and of course all the pink and sparkle. Thanks so much for sending it to me, it's in the lounge at the mo but will eventually join my collection from friends in my craft room.
Wow you have been a busy girl with the DIY and organising. I spent ages sorting and reorganising my stash after moving my craft room downstairs, it's so much easier when you know where everything is and it's all nice and tidy.
Happy Easter to you all and I hope Andrew has a wonderful birthday
hugs Mandy xx

Fiona said...

what agreat card..love the colour combo and all that glitter. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a beautiful card ! Good luck !

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Adorably cute card. Love the sparkly cupcake. Thanks for joining us WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...mona

Love crafts forever said...

Hi Julye. Is this cup cake for me. Awesome card, love pink and love glitter. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy this week and good luck.
Hugs Nataliya.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

This is so cute, I love the sparkle cupcake and the little bow in her hair is so precious. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at WHOOPSI DAISY challenge this week:)

ChickieChirps said...

Lovely pink and sparkly card! I love that yummy looking sparkly cupcake! Thanks for joining us for the Glitter and Shine challenge at Little Miss Muffet stamps!

Arabella

Debby said...

This is darling. Hugs

angelwhispers said...

What a sweet card and lovely imahe!!

Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is a great card with a fabulous layout! That's such an adorable image too. Thanks for playing along in the Little Miss Muffet challenges this round! :D

~Vittory~ said...

Gorgeous work!I love cupcakes!!!
Thank you for playing with Little Miss Muffet Stamps!
With best wishes,
Viktoria