Tuesday 26 April 2011

Recycle!

Well friday wasn't only Good friday but it was earth day too and this time at Creative craft challenges we are sort of doing our bit as our challenge is recycle. Thinking caps on and time to reuse and save some energy for our planet.

The design team have some fab inspiration for you this time round they are such a talented and creative bunch and fab sponsors once again too some odd girl has digis on offer, pretties from cratfy ribbons and our fab DT Ali has some goodies too for the top 3.


How can you not play along.


I decided that I would dress up some recycling, I'm sure we all do it without thinking, pop a plant in a tub that use to hold food. I recently had a move and sort out of my craft stash and found some alcohol inks I'd forgotten about and decided to dress a couple of pots for my plants.


The first was a mascapone cheese tub, I used a scouring soap pad to remove the writing and had a play with the alcohol inks, I then did the same thing with a steamed pudding tub think this one had a christmas pud in it but love how they turned out.


Looking forward to see what you recycle too.












I would like to enter these pots into the following challenges:-

Fresh brewed coffee-sparkle and shine
Anything goes challenge-pink and brown , hope pink and bronze counts
If the shoe fits-recycling


7 comments:

dragonllew said...

These look fab

Katy said...

love how you have recycled these pots and the colours! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes Pink & Brown Challenge!

Katy
xxx

cheryl said...

oh hun just love what you did with these pots such a great idea,oh bless you too hun for playing at anything goes challenge love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Tamara Morton said...

Brilliant way recycle I love the colours and the painting technique. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

Cammi said...

I love this idea! Thanks for playing with us over at the Shoe!

Antoinette said...

Hiya Julye, What an amazing idea! Love the colours of the pots too!
Thank you for joining us at the ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge
Hugs Annie xXx

Kathryn said...

Great recycling idea, and a great idea for alcohol inks as well! Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes K x