Wednesday 19 January 2011

anything goes-what an easy challenge

What a fab way to start our challenge year off over at Penny's paper crafty challenges with an anything goes challenge, good job the DT is all refreshed and up for some serious blog hopping around all the fab entries I expect we will be getting and can't wait I have to say.

We have a fab sponsor this time yet again, not sure how Courtney does it getting all these fab prizes from such generous sponsors but this time we have whimsy as our sponsor. They have a great prize up for grabs and we all had the chance to play with some of their digi images and how diverse is the variety too.

My cards, 3 in total I tried to make very different in style so I don't bore you all. The first I decided to make for my just in  box and it's a retirement card, though in the UK not sure that many would get the relevance of a moose and a beaver fishing as we don't tend to have many roaming our countryside and it would probably scare most fishermen to death if the saw one. The fishing element though I suspect is relevant to many a male retiree and a healthy way to relax too, along with a great excuse for tall stories in the pub after.

I coloured with promarkers and the border I coloured with sakura glaze pens to try and make them seem like glossy fish scales. I stuck with the green theme to symbolise the great outdoors.

I'd like to enter this card for the following challenges:-

Creative inspirations challenges-celebrate
MAWTT-make your dreams come true
Charisma-good luck
Pile it on-anything goes
creative card crew-for a man
Belli-P is for (papers and peel off, both the background paper and the peel-off I have had for ages and never used
creative craft world card challenge-cute and cuddly
Fab n funky-animal magic


My next card I decided to do as a thank you card, and what has now become one of my favourites white on white, though I am definitely in need of some more variety and stock of white papers. The image again is coloured in Promarkers and then sakura glitter glaze for that magical touch. I used lace for probably only the second time though I definitely still feel very wary doing so, and a variety of white papers and cards from my scrap folders, not many white bits left at all. The bugs are some my son picked out years ago they are sort of like a bubble sticker and I felt they went so well with the gardeny feel of the image and just lifted all the white a bit.


Going buggy-use a bug on your project
Paperplay-cutie patootie
Hodgepodge-white on white
Colour create-pink,blue,grey and white-grey is on dandelions and her skirt
Crazy for challenges-thank you
Fun at fairy knoll-thank you
Crafting life's pieces-layout which I rotated
sketchy colours-white



My final card of the 3 I haven't yet decided what occassion it could be for as I made the sentiment up and then printed on the computer, well I will have by the time I post this. I thought 'sending you showers of love' went so well with the image and I suppose it could work as a birthday which was my original idea but I suppose it could work as a get well or a valentines or at a push an anniversary or just to say I love you, like for spouses day on 26th or national hug day on the 21st of this month.

I again coloured with Promarkers and the paper is from a Disney Winnie the pooh print studio again years old as it was my sons and have to admit I was so surprised it worked when I installed it on the computer which is probably 2 or 3 operating systems more advanced than it was intended for. The pearlised green card I thought lent itself well to the dry embossing I did of raindrops from a fiskars board and the 2 lilac ribbons with 2 bows one stuck on top of the other and the umbrella charm and purple brad just finish the whole thing off.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Our creative corner-dress up the layout
Wags and whiskers-show some love
Delicious doodles-use 3 colours green, various shades of purple and blue
Phindy's place-valentine or for a loved one
CRAFT-moving parts well mu brolly charm moves on the brad pin is that ok?
Anything goes challenge-brads and eyelets(only one brad hope it's enough)
I love promarkers-sweet and simple
Passion for promarkers-all you need is love
flourishes timeless tuesday-at least 5x7 card which is just the size of this card base







Right now it's your turn, for more inspiration pop on over to Penny's and the rest of the DT's blogs and see what they have to inspire you ,and then you can all inspire us in return with your challenge entries.

34 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a pretty card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is fab. The colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous card Julye, love that u have used "untraditional" colours for a love themed card. It looks great :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week!

Hugs Ida

Annette said...

Adorable cards all! Thanks for sharing with us at the CRAFT Challenge this week.

MiniOwner said...

Super cards! Thanks so much for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Deirdre said...

Beautiful creations.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

Lisa Jane said...

Fabulous cards July - thanks fr joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

lil-paper-pixie said...

Sweet cards Julye, you have been a busy bee, thanks for playing along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

coops said...

gorgeous card julye.the image is fab and i love the backing papers and lush colours.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

katesacraftybugger said...

great cards Julye ,thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.Kate

Gem said...

what beautiful cards! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at CRAFT! Gemma :)

Unknown said...

Your cards are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the Hodge Podge Shop. Shelley :)

Pami said...

What wonderful cards, you have been busy! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

❤ Kaia said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors colorchallenge this week.
Hugs, Kaia

Brenda Brown said...

Great set of cards Julye, love them.
Thankyou for sharing them at MAWTT this week.
I hope you are having a good week and that all your dreams come true.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Elise said...

very pretty cards with such cute images! Wonderful take on the sketch! Thank you so much for joining us at CLP!

Hugs,
Elise

My name is Wynneth said...

What fun! Looks like a British Summer day !!!! Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promakers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

sue said...

great cards all of them thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Gro said...

Great card. Your image is cute. Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

Karen said...

Lovely Juyle, love the charm too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Shelley said...

These all look fabulous. Thanks for joining in this weeks Fairy Knoll Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Choccy said...

They are all gorgeous !
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our cute and cuddly challenge.

Choccy x

Lynda Nielsen said...

What an adorable card... and Colored so beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us this week for Phindy's Place Challenge.
Hugs,
Lynda

Payne Holler Cards said...

fav color combo!! perfect for so many occasions
thanks for joining us at Phindy's Challenge

Sarah A said...

All 3 are gorgeous Julye! Your thoughts about the moose fishing made me chuckle lol and are very true!

It is just perfect for my cute and cuddly theme over on Creative Craft World, thanks for joining us!

Sarah (A) x

Anonymous said...

Julye, this is so cute. I love all your purple touches. The umbrella theme is adorable! Great job with the sketch challenge too. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Helen said...

Fabulous cards!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Julie said...

A fab card, i love the embossed raindrops! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.
Julie W x

Lorraine said...

Smashing cards, but I do like the rain one. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Marilyn said...

Great cards Julye & I think the beaaver & moose fishing is a perfect retirement card.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
Marilyn

Jennifer said...

Love this! Thanks for joining us at F'n'F xx Jenny xx

Emma H said...

Very cute, thanks for playing along at Fab N Funky!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

You have been busy! Thanks for adding the Belli Challenge to your posts!

stephanne said...

Wow, what a wonderful bunch of cards you've created, gorgeous works, I especially love your white on white creation with Chelsea's sketch, stunning work and thanks for playing at CLP this month!!
hugs, stephanne

Chelsea said...

Ahhh, these are adorable cards Julye. Thanks for taking on this Sketch.
Love,
Chelsea