Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy New Year- what do you resolve to do?

Happy new year to everyone I haven't already said it to, when is the right time to stop saying it, a bit like when is it the right time to start wishing someone happy christmas, oh well onto more important things.


Over at creative craft challenges we have a new challenge, and this time you might have to get your thinking caps on, as we want to see new year resolution themed cards. I can't wait to see what you do and hopefully you will also let us know what your resolution is to be and how long it lasts too. Normally I don't make resoloutions as I am so hopeless at keeping them but after last year and my son having surgery in the January and then being home schooled and sitting his exams at home too, and then me having surgery in october and having to accept that until I was given the all clear to start doing heavy lifting etc again (which is around now) I have sort of got use to not running around like a headless chicken and doing things at a slightly slower pace.


My resolution is to continue this and spend more time on me, not sure how long it will last, but as hubby has had to do more of the things I would have normally done even he has said I should slow down so I'm really going to try.


My project hopefully represents this, as usually I wouldn't spend time on such a luxury of a soak (usually a shower)unless I'd been gardening and had an aching back etc but who knows, I might even start to look like a girl more often than just some navi in the garden in summer. Well one can hope we shall see. I might even learn how to walk in heels again time will tell.


I  would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Creative craft world-new year resolutions

Whoopsi daisy-anything goes

Paper Sundaes-something new- never before used stamp, never before made door hanger and a new resolution

Cowgirls challenge-something new-never before used stamp, never before made door hanger and a new resolution

Quirky crafts- new beginnings

Scrappy frog-focus on the sentiment


craft your passion challenges-anything goes

Ladybug crafts ink-anything goesCan't wait to see what you come up with for full deets hop over here.

22 comments:

Nikbee said...

A wonderful make, Julye. I hope you manage to get more me time. I used to love soaking in the bath, but our house over here only has a shower which isn't so good for spending ages in relaxing.
Nikki x

cowboydutrem said...

A lovely resolution. One with which you feel good at the exact time you're fullfilling it! Nice door hanger, thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge!

Lisa Jane said...

HI Julye - fingers crossed you can keep this resolution lol
Love the door hanger and hope it gets well used
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Good luck
Lisa ;)

Spyder said...

Great idea for those bathrooms with no locks!! Happy New year to you and Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts in their New Beginnings challenge
((Lyn)

Sue U said...

Fingers crossed this is one resolution you are able to keep :-)
Fabulous project, love the image - I think I might just have to do one of these myself!!
Sue xx

Choccy said...

Such a brilliant idea.. I think everyone should set aside a little 'me' time.

Thankyou for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our New Years Resolution challenge.
Dont forget to come back on the 5th for a new card challenge..

Choccy x

Zoe said...

Hiya Juyle, Sorry hun but for some reason your email address didn't come through. Could you stop back by (http://www.makeitcrafty.com.au/card-making/pages/Contact-Us.html) but before doing so - stop by http://www.makeitcrafty.com.au/card-making/categories/Digital-Stamps/The-Secret-Garden/ and pick your favourite. :) Hugs xxooo

dragonllew said...

Great door hanger what a fab resolution

MiniOwner said...

Love your work! Thanks for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

pinky said...

Hope this year hold lots of nice thing for you Julye. I love your door hanger, gorgeous colours. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Pami said...

Hi Julye, what a fabulous door hanger this is! I love it! Lets hope you can keep this resolution! Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this week. Happy New Year. Pami x

Anita said...

Lovely door hanger and also a lovely resolution...one I hope you are able to keep. Thanks for joining us in the LCI Challenge this week.

Crystal said...

What a great idea for a door hanger & the image is just perfect! I definitely need to make one of these to keep the kids out for my "me" time! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Ruthie said...

Hiya Julye - yes the embossing board is one of the thick blue fiskars ones. I just took the risk and ran it through - used paper with mine but dont see why it wont work with card. It came out really well. I am planning on sitting and doing some more in the next couple of days so will let you know how I sandwich up - just cant remember at the moment! DOH! SOoooooo much easier and quicker!
Will pop by and let you know

Rx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

oooh, that just looks so inviting! We have a big spa bathtub, but we hardly ever use it...but now that it's winter I need to fill it up and relax! :)

Thanks for playing in our Something New challenge for Paper Sundaes!

♥ Lisa M.

Whimsey said...

Love the door hanger - brilliant...NOW USE IT! :D

Great New Year's Resolution; let's hope it lasts!

Thanks for joining LCI's challenge!

Gina said...

What a fabulous idea! I need me one of those doorhangers!!! Good luck with the resolution :D Thank you for joining us at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Sande said...

Such a GREAT doorhanger! I love it!

Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy!

Hugs, Sande

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Super cute, thanks so much for joining us at WHOOPSI DAISY this week! I would love to be able to get in some time soaking in the tub:)

Unknown said...

Great job! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Frogs and hope to see you again soon.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! Such a cute image too! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion this week. x x

Lauretta See said...

ohh great idea :) i love it. Thank you for joining us this week on the anything goes challenge at Craft your passion. Happy new year! Hugs x