Monday 3 January 2011

Baby, is it a boy or a girl

I got this fab LOTV stamp for Christmas and decided as there are a few 'new' challenges I'd have a play. I actually don't know anyone having a baby at the moment but I can guarantee that when I do I never have the right card made ready always the opposite sex, so for a change I decided to do a generic card and then if I need a card for an unexpected occasion I only have to add the right sex sentiment and hey presto a boy or girl baby card.Well that's the plan anyway.

I coloured my image in Promarkers using almond and putty for the baby grow and blanket. I added sparkle with sakura glitter pen and used a mix of white papers from my scraps box. I actually am quite pleased with how it turned out. I did think about using greys so my baby was all dressed in white but decided it might look a bit like a dingy grey baby grow and not a crisp white one so that might be a future experiment.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Prairie Fairy friday-new beginnings
Ellephantastic-new beginnings
LOTV-new beginnings
Alphabet challenge-i for infants
Secret saturday craft challenge-buttons and bows
friday sketches-layout

12 comments:

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card Julye. I love the sweet image.

Nikki x

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Julye, such a delicate card and so right for our challenge on Ellephantastic.

Hugs
Tamara Elle DT

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fabby card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Jill said...

Sweet card Julye, perfect for our new beginnings over at Ellephantastic this month. Thanks for playing and hope to see you next time. Jill

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Julye! Love the different textures of your papers!

If you pop on over to my blog there is a message for you from the Make it Crafty Blog Hop!!

http://doggonecrazy-viv.blogspot.com/2011/01/hidden-candy-winner.html

TinaB said...

So beautiful!!! Thank you for playing at Ellephantastic! Hugs Tina (DT)

Helen Laurence said...

Adorable image & card. Thank for joining us at Ellephantastic this month. Good luck! Helen & Elle DT x x

Jana said...

Darling card. I love the whites.

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Trisha said...

Great card! Love the LOTV image and the unisex version of a baby card! Thanks for playing at FFF's New Beginnings challenge! xox Trisha

Michelle said...

lovely card with such a sweet image! Thanks for joining us this month at Ellephantastic, hope to see you again next time.
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
x

Lori said...

Awww so sweet, love all the white, thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays, we're happy to have you!