Friday 7 January 2011

I just love this Jellybean

A while ago I won this image from Crissy Armstrong all for being one of the first 12 entries into one of her challenges. I have to say when I was given the choice of all her images my first thought was jellybean, as I have had this cutie on my wish list as a rubber stamp since it's release and now as a digi though digi's aren't my first choice I can have him or her as the case maybe any size.

I decided although I have made one baby card with my LOTV stamp I got for christmas I would make another generic baby card(will add the appropriate boy/girl sentiment as needed), although I have to say I would be quite happy to receive this as a birthday card too and I suppose when a baby arrives that technically is a birthday celebration too but I guess not many celebrate their 0 birthday as we are all too busy saying congratulations to the parents and grandparents and poor baby just gets a welcome. I suppose this card would be good for all of the above just by adding the appropriate sentiment and even a young child's birthday card too. Sorry waffling again.

My card well you have all gathered it's a Crissy Armstrong digi which I coloured with promarkers using ice grey 1 and 2 and blossom for his cheeks. I gave him a teagreen aura and then cut him out. The papers are pearlised base which I embossed using a fiskars plate and some tissue paper that was in a bundle of Christmas gift wrap from Costco 3 years ago and I still have loads left. I love how it just has odd bits of twinkle glitter on and they do spread everywhere so there is still glitter all through my house, but then again the red star confetti I put on my Christmas table keeps appearing everywhere too and I vacuum every other day , but I digress again.

The ribbons are from my stash, I think the organza one across the card came from hobbycraft and the white satin was a roll from JTF. The flowers were some I won in candy and the button from the button box my Gran had and gave to mum and when I started sewing I inherited so who knows how old the button is.

I have to say even though I embossed the paper once I had decided which papers to use the card came together really quickly and I do love how clean and simple it looks and that Jellybean is firmly front and centre stage. Now what will I use this card for?

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Moving along with the times-use old and new stash
Paperplay-clean and simple
Pixie dust studio-use 2 or more ribbons
Cooking it up with Katie-a ribbon,a button and an animal
Sketch and stash-layout and they have a DT call
Creative craft world -anything goes
Cute card thursday-use your old stash
Sarah Hurley-new beginnings

33 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

I love this image and how you colored it! My daughter in law would love it because she loves elephants! Love how it all came together! Thanks for joining us at The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge!

Lou said...

Love the elephant :) gorgeous card too. Thank you for joining in with us over at Creative Craft World for our challenge.

Lou x

Katja said...

Great card!!! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week!
Good luck!

Greetings,
Katja (DDSB-DT)

Sue said...

awww this card is so sweet,fabby colouring and i adore your image:)

Thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week ! Love your card ! Sweet image and fab background ! Good luck ! SMiles from Catherine

Rosemary said...

Hi there, Julye, and welcome to Opus Gluei! I think this card is fantastic.

The image makes me smile, it is so sweet and your coloring of it is great, but it's also the care in putting Jellybean surrounded by such soft, gentle cute embellies that makes it PERFECT!

(I hear you with regards to the glitter, it is everywhere and makes the rest of winter sparkly!)

Thanks again for participating, I hope you come back for more challenges with us!

Pami said...

What a lovely card, so cute. Your colouring is fantastic on the image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

Deborah Frings said...

I see I'm not the only one to opt for elephants!! This is a really sweet image and your card is just lovely!

Julie said...

Jelly bean certainly is a cutie and you did a fabulous job with him. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
Hugs,
Julie

Lisa Jane said...

He is gorgeous .. so cute
Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley and MAWTT this week
Lisa;)

Deirdre said...

Beautiful.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week and Happy New Year to you and yours. ♥

MiniOwner said...

Aww that's so cute! Thanks for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and cute image! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Choccy said...

Oh wow !! Thats one CUTE card.

Thankyou for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our 'Anything Goes' first card challenge.. Good Luck !

Choccy x

Katie said...

Adorable ellie and I love the shimmery cardstock background!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Delphine said...

This is lovely, Julye! I love the cute image you have used and your flower is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenges and good luck! Delphine xx

Vicky said...

Hiya Julye!

Ahhhh super cute hun!, just soooo adorable and the flower is beautiful :o)

Thank you for joining us at Sketch and Stash and good luck!!

Hugs Vicky xx

Sue said...

Your card is adorable. Love Crissy's images too! Great coloring and the embossed background is perfect, and I love the shiny finish too. Thanks for joining us at the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge this month!. Great take on the challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Tracy said...

He's so cute with his little pink cheeks! Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love the beautiful sheen to your card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Karen said...

Really lovely, love the button on the flower too, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, love the shimmer! Thanks for joining us at Cooking it up with Katie this week and good luck
Claire xx

Jackie said...

This is so cute, and delicate. Fabby card. Thank you for joining us at Sketch and Stash this week.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Sweet. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Zoe said...

Juyle, this is gorgeous. Such sweet pastel colours and a wonderful job on Crissy elephant. Love the button int he flower too! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Sundays with Crissy. Hugs xxoo

Sara said...

Stunning, thanks for playing along with DDSB!

Monica said...

What an elegant card... love the colours. Soothing and nice.

xxx Monica

Scrappychick said...

Such a precious image and I love the monochromatic color scheme! Thanks for playing with the Pixies this week :)
Cyndi

Carolina said...

Very pretty card and cute little elephant. Thank you for cooking it up with Katie this week

Anonymous said...

This is so cute.Just love the button on the layered up flower.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Jóna said...

Super cool and cute card !

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best :D Hope to see you again.

All the best to you,
Jóna, DT member at DDSB

stephanne said...

Oooh, this would be stunning for a baby or a birthday, the colours are gorgeous and Jellybean is a total cutie!! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenges!!
stephanne

Unknown said...

so cute! thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges this week

Sarah x