Tuesday 25 January 2011

Not everything is black and white

Apart from being a rather dull place if everything was coloured black or white and no shades in between nothing ever seems that staraight forward there are always the grey areas, aren't there, the loop holes and clauses you can't read, a bit like in the movie the santa claus. Well thats another story, lets just stick to craft, far mor interesting and definitely more fun.

This card is for my Dad for his  birthday that's coming up at the beginning of february, so now only one more to make from mum to dad. I always find these the hardest, how loveu dovey should I make it? what style ? somehow it doesn't seem to matter as mum always likes what I make and then I wonder why I was worried still it does cause me a few headaches deciding.

This one didn't though, Dad has a mercedes not sure of the exact model but my son was helping him work out what gadgets it had when he first got it, I say he as mum didn't want to change cars and this was in no way her choice, and Dad is so protective of it she's not allowed to drive it. I suppose I should explain, mum had a brain tumour and for a long time wasn't allowed to drive and Dad swapped cars while she wasn't allowed. Since being allowed to start driving again Dad won't let mum drive his baby as it's automatic and apparently not staraight forward to drive and it has now become a standing joke that mums not allowed to drive his baby. So this car is his pride and joy and it's silver so hence the image and colouring on my card, maybe mum would like this card for Dad come to think of it, will have to ask her.

I used a mixture of greys from Promarkers, I love how using a mix of cools1,2 3,4,5, warms1,2,4,5 and ice 1,2,4 greys you can get such a feel of textures and depth. I first powder embossed this fab LOTV image in black sparkle embossing powder which I also distressed the edges of my backing paper with after ruffing them up with a pair of scissors. I also added extra sparkle with sakura glitter pen. The other papers I think are papermania not sure as I've lost the front cover to the pad. I added some silver star brads to the corners and added stickles for more sparkle, and to lift all the monotones too. The ribbon is from my stash as are the black peel offs and the black glossy card which I used for my base backing and scrunched up layer too.


I also found a fab way to recycle some christmas cards I found that I'd forgotten to put in the recycle bin, I used the plain bit to stamp on, this one had a cute westie on you can just make out its nose on the back of the stamped image, not all the cards were suitable some were too glossy but waste not want not and it will save a few pennies.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

LOTV-layout
Make it colourful-monochrome/vintage photos
Allsorts-card for a male
Teddy stampers-anything goes
Paperplay-black base
Passion for promarkers-glitter
Everybody art-use favourite things, Promarkers, sparklies and one of my 2 fav stamp companies is LOTV
The corrosive challenge-recycle
craft your passion-use 2 different patterned papers
Paper sundaes-distressing
Easy craft challenges-black and white(hope shades of grey are allowed)
crafty Ho's-photo inspiration
Glitterbabe challenge-anything goes and sparkle



26 comments:

Gro said...

Hi Julye.
Your card is gorgeous, and I love all the sparkling.
Thanks for joining us at PfP this week
Hugs :o)

lil-paper-pixie said...

Cute card Julye, thanks for playong along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a brilliant card. It is perfect for your dad. Super cute image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Fiona said...

such a pretty catd...love the extra sparkle too. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Anonymous said...

Great way to reuse! Thanks so much for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge this week. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Viv said...

Hi Julye! Love this cute card and your sparkly embossing! I'm sure your mum AND dad will love it!
Thanks for playing in the Make It Colourful challenge. Viv :)

♥ Doreen ♥ said...

Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei EAC.
Liebe Grüße Doreen

Nikbee said...

A lovely card. Such a cute image.

Nikki x

Cherie said...

Hi Julye, It's so good to see a teddy card for a male. You did a fantastic creation love the colouring.
Thank you for joining the fun with us at Teddy Stampers.
Hugs cherie

Deirdre said...

Your Dad will love this card. Great recycling too.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our Back to Black Challenge. ♥

Mary said...

Great masculine card - they can be so hard to put together but you nailed it! Thanks for playing along with Corrosive Challenges!

Stef H said...

wonderful card! thank you so much for sharing it with us at glitterbabe's challenge.

coops said...

great male card julye.i love the fab image and the mono colours are really striking.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D
xx coops xx

Ida / Little said...

Great to see a male card in between all the cute stuff around :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week! :)

Hugs Ida

Michele Roos said...

Such a wonderful card Julye. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Erum Tasneem said...

adorable!

Meera said...

love your recycling method. Very sweet card, thanks for sharing with us at Teddy Stampers x Meera x

Unknown said...

I love the monochromatic feel of this card and the bit-o-bling! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion. x x

sgc said...

That is such a cute image! I'm sure your dad will love the card.
Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Hos this week.

Jackie said...

Oh this is just adorable! I just know that your Dad will love this, I mean look at it, who wouldn't! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at the Crafty Hos :)

Leah l'Orange said...

so cute! love all the texture, and congrats on finding creative ways to recycle! so glad you shared this sweet project with us at Make it Colourful - good luck!

Scrappy said...

Very Cool Card! Love how you recycled that Christmas card too! Great idea! :)

So glad that we were able to inspire you this week at Crafty Ho's! So glad you found the time to play along! Hope you'll be back for our next challenge too!

*Psst: It's a super fun and simple one! :)*

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the way you colored and design paper! thank you for playing at Teddy Stampers! Hugz Colleen

Tammy Miller said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love everything about it!. Thanks for joining us at the The Crafty Ho’s Challenge Blog for our photo inspiration challenge. I hope to see you back. Tammy

Unknown said...

GREAT recycling! Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge this week.

Gloria Stengel said...

Amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week!