Saturday 29 January 2011

Love my coffee

I know its bad for you when you drink it in excess but I do like a nice cup of coffee, though I'm sure what I call nice wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, bad use of words ...sorry.

Well I normally drink decaff coffee , which I take quite weak and milky, mum always says for my tea and coffee I might as well be drinking milk let down with warm water. I do however have some coffee I treat myself to once and sometimes twice a day. My first treat is how I start my day and if I've had a bad day then I have another mid afternoon, I love my skinny latte or cappuchino instant mixes and though the tin is nescafe, I also don't mind the unsweetened Kenco and Asda's but definitely unsweetened and skinny if possible and if I find some that is also decaff I 'm in heaven, what a sad life I lead, don't all agree at once please be kind, lol.
I had this tin that had the instant powder in but since haven't been able to get another so for now I open a box and put the sachets in my tin. My special treats, though hubby has cottoned onto this and when he was doing the shopping post my surgery he came home with some for me as they were on special offer. Funny I did the shopping this week whilst he was at work and he was desperately trying to convince my son that he needed him to get something from the supermarket this morning though my son wasn't co-operating as I think he's got use to going supermarket shopping on a Saturday and may be suffering withdrawals, he's now watching TV cooking programmes, doubtless looking for something he can make that we don't have ingredients for.

Sorry digressing again. I decided that I would make my coffee tin a bit brighter and a lot cuter too by decorating it. Now my kitchen has beech units and black marble effect worktops, was going to have shiny worktops but was advised that they get scratched really easily so they are matt. They will probably sound awful but they have like watery swirly splodges in them and have like a blue grey tint with touches of lilac and like a yellowy ochre in them if you look real close, so when I decorate my kitchen these are the colours I use. The first time I had all pale blue walls and the second the paint colours were called bracken and lilac mist. I wanted my tin to blend in with my kitchen though the blues I used are actually the wrong blue far far too bright but I still love it and I can always change it when I redecorate.

The image I chose is a Sassy girl lurve latte well what else?
I used a 12x12 sheet of lilac paper with swirls on I think its papermania but not 100% sure so please correct me if I'm wrong. I coloured my girl with promarkers and sakura glaze pens and added some glitter sparkle to her shirt. The blue glitter paper is from my stash and I think the heart paper came from the same stack as the purple. I then punched some yellow hearts and stuck them around my image. I made 2 images the same and duplicated the layout so I have the same on both sides of my tin.

I would like to enter my tin into the following challenges:-

The sugar bowl-layout
CES-bold and bright
raise the bar-purple, blue and yellow
Order of opus gleui-use a key, heart or something you love
totally gorjuss-as you like it
if the shoe fits-anything but a card

16 comments:

Jana said...

This is fabulous. I love that girl. Your project is making me look at my pantry with a different eye now.... Uh-oh. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

Emma said...

Such a fabulous idea and so gorgeous. Love the image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Mary J said...

Hello Julye honey! That stamp must have been made for you, lol! Thx for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss!

Mary J xxx

Monica Gale said...

What great altered project, love the girl. hugs xxx

Kat said...

Gorgeous, love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Cheryl said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

So cute...that would make any coffee drinker smile. Thanks for joining us in the color challenge at Raise the Bar this week.

Rosemary said...

Your husband sounds very sweet and I LOVE your project. What a nice idea to add something pretty to a functional item! The colors are lovely and bright and your coffee girl is adorable (love how you colored her).

Thank you for joining the Opus Gluei challenge and sharing your project! I hope that you come back for more and more of our themes!

p.s., I'm a weaker coffee/tea drinker myself (lots and lots of milk)

Tanisha said...

Love this project Julye! This gives me a great idea to do for my mother in law who drinks coffee. Thanks for sharing with us this week over at "The Shoe"!

_Tanisha

Lilian said...

Very creative take on the sketch! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a fun project, lovely colors too!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-wish-layout-by-jessy-christopher.html

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Love it!

As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge. All are welcome!

Thanh Vo said...

Adorable alteration project! Thanks for playing with us over at Raise the Bar.

Erika said...

Hi Julye, I'm afraid I'm a tea girl through and through but I sometimes get a coffee fix at Starbucks...it would be rude not too!
Love your take on the challenge, thanks for taking part in the Sugar Bowl, happy crafting,
Erika.

~*Joni said...

Julye what a cute idea to alter an item! Adorable image, I love tea and coffee too. :) Lattes are my favorite, I like them not too strong but perfectly sweet. :) Thank you so much for joining in our color challenge at Raise The Bar this week!
~*Joni RTB DT

lesleyworth said...

what a great idea! i heart coffee and this is giving me so many ideas! thank you so much for playing along with us at the Shoe!