Saturday 8 January 2011

Thank Ewe!

Another thank you card for my son to send and this time the recipient is male so no way can I add any girly stuff. I was looking through the stamped images I already had printed and came across this sugar nellie digi that was a freebie ages ago and I printed out way back then and never did anything with it, such a shame as I think it's quite cute. Anyway I decided it was perfect for a thank ewe card, oops sorry thank you card.

I decided to look for a challenge with more sedate colours to follow and found the Playdate cafe had a colour challenge to use gold, silver and grass green , perfect as sheep eat grass, I thought.  I also found a challenge to recycle and have to say I do do this a fair bit, and have even found myself making purchase choices based on which packaging I could use best for crafting, how sad am I but usually it's just a justification reason to have the sparkly or prettier one that I really want and usually the more expensive one too.The result and other challenges I found to help me along the way are below, see what you think.

I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:-
Auds sentiment-no more than a 2 word sentiment
Playdate cafe-colour challenge
For fun challenges-1 image, 2 buttons or brads and 3 different papers, 2 green and 1 gold the silver is recycled tissue box card
I love Promarkers-recycle silver tissue box and gold pearlised envelope
Totally papercrafts-thank you
Passion for Promarkers-thank you
Crafts 4 eternity-layout
Stamp something-january digi challenge

30 comments:

aqualeiga said...

What a fun card.....perfect for our challenge at 'For Fun' this week! Really love the idea of the recycled elements you've used too! Thanks for sharing with us this week, hope to see you again soon.

Hugs, from Ali x

Kathleen said...

What a fun card love the image, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

Fiona said...

what a fun way to say thank ewe!

Pauline said...

HI Julye - I love your card and colouring... such a cute sheep! I remember grass being that green, its on the return now, between the floods and summer locusts! Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week!
hugs from Australia,
Pauline

having a {me} day said...

Fabulous sheep card Julye, with its lovely green colours. Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeleyxx

Tine said...

Hi Julye and green certainly was a good choice of background for a sheep! LOL. Glad you found some recycled elements to join in with our challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at I Promarkers.
Tine :)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a cute card. I love the little sheep image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Stressed Stamper said...

Love the image and swirley papers - great card. Thanks for joing in at TPC this week - and Good Luck
Sarah - Stressed Stamper

Karen said...

Lovely Julye, love the sentiment too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

pinky said...

Love your selection of papers, and what a great image;) Thanks for joining us this week at C4E.

Michele Spera said...

Lovely job! really cute image and love the paper colors:-) Thank you for joining us at C4E this week
Michele

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is fab xx

Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges x

Audrey said...

Too cute! I love that sheep. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Ruby said...

Aw such a cute card! You've just reminded me of a little image of a sheep that I haven't used yet! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Meera said...

Your card is fab, perfect for the challenge at For Fun. Thanks for joining us @ For Fun x Meera x

Christine said...

You're right, that image is super cute. I admit that friends now save me ribbon and bits of fancy packaging because "I know you can do something with it." Gotta love recycling!
Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges.

Gro said...

Great card.
Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

Scrappin' Sista said...

Too stinkin' cute! Ewe did a great job. LOL!!! Love the funky metallic paper. Thanks for playing along. Hope to see you again.

~Christel
For Fun Challenges DT
onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

coops said...

great card julye.i love the cute image and fab layout.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Caryn said...

Very sweet.
Thanks for joining in at Passion for ProMarkers.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Aww, this is so sweet! I love sheep cards. THey're always so cute. Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

WeirdCat said...

Cute idea, love the image, thank you for joining us this week at I♥Promarkers
Ruth x

My name is Wynneth said...

A real fun card, love the play on words! Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Andrea Ewen said...

How super cute! Love those metallic panels, they're so eye-catching! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Mandi said...

Cute card 'ewe' have done lol
Super cute

Thanks for joining us at totally Papercrafts this week

mandi xx

Libby Hickson said...

Very cute! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC! :-)

Embley Veronica said...

What a sweet little sheep! Thanks for contributing to the For Fun Challenge this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a cute little sheep! Great use of gold and silver:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:}

michele said...

fabulous card thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Julye:-) The image is just soo cute and the design is lovely :-)

thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something and TPC Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x