Sunday 3 July 2011

Don't drink and drive

Happy Sunday morning all, or should by now it be afternoon I'm never sure what noon is morning still or afternoon , suppose really its afternoon, anyway enough rambling. Sunday means another OSAAT challenge and I guess it will be a nice easy one for many of you as the challenge this time is to 'use a digi'.

Before I get onto my card for your hopefully inspiration we have some exciting news , and when I say there is a very special prize I mean SPECIAL makes me wish I could enter. All the details are below and Stitchy will have them in store too and entries start with this weeks challenge, so come on lets get creating.


Told you it was special.

Also if you think you fancy joining our fun team now is your chance as Marjo is on the hunt for more DT members so check out the deets on the blog you have till the 15th to apply, can tell you it's a fab team with loads of wonderful helpful crafters on board and well worth a try out even if you have no experience at all.

Right back to my card.

Sometimes the ones that you think are easy turn out harder too much choice and all that. I think that each time I am given a choice of images to use with no theme to follow and this time was no different. I could choose a stitchy image and boy was that hard , have you seen all the fab images there are. The one I finally decided on is called 'don't drink and drive' and you can get it here.

Many of my son's friends at school are taking driviving lessons at the moment si I figured at some point I will be asked for a congrats on passing your driving test card so here it is ready and waiting. I'm not sure on reflection though if a teenager will get it but I think it'ds apt and my son thought it funny so maybe I'll be wrong. It does upset my son a wee bit when he thinks about it that he too can't learn to drive, please don't misunderstand me I would love him to but on his last trip to the optitions he was told his vision isn't quite good enough , though we will ask at each visit as it could change as he is still growing, though his spacial awareness problem might be something else. I console him with how much car insurance is for his age group and suspect there are alot of parents who are insuring cars for their children as named drivers knowing the cost from talking to friends, not that I blame them.
Anyway back to my card, I coloured the image with Promarkers and a little sakura glaze on the bottle. The image is so fab I decided to keep the card fairly clean and simple. The sentiment I am quite proud of how it turned out on my road, an the stamp is from the stampman. The textured base card just adds a bit more dimension to the card but basically thats it.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Digi's with attitude! challenge-anything goes
Digi doodles shops best-anything goes
Lollipop-anything goes
Stamp something-digi challenge
Crafters companion-One for the boys
Playdate cafe-colour challenge
Charisma-ice cream colours, strawberry, coffee swirl, vanilla and pistachio
paperminutes-red and lime
anything goes -beginning with 'D', drink and  drive
Allways something creative-for a man

22 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab image hunni. Thank you for sharing with us at DDSC this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

ahlers5 said...

He is an interesting looking character! Thanks for joining us at DDSC.
Diane

Jessica Buffa said...

What a great card! Love the image you chose and the sentiment. Just lovely!
"O)
Jessica

Tamara Morton said...

Wonderful card and great for our D challenge on Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

FunnyWitch said...

Great image you chose and suitable as well...

Thank you for sharing with us at ASC.

Andrea

Josephine said...

Fabulous card!

stitchy said...

Julye, how cute..my daughter is 17 and is taking her test this Wednesday YIKES is all I can think of to say right now lol...I have been putting it off only because I don't want to see her grow up, but looks like I am gonna loose that battle haha...thank you hun, the card is awesome :)..

stitchy
xoxox

Manuela said...

Klasse Karte. Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei ASC.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

dj1952 said...

This is a perfect card for a new driver. Thanks for joining us at DDSC. Hugs, dj

Deb said...

Awesome image and such a super card, great idea for the no drinking and driving
Debs
xxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fabby boy's card

Thanks for joining us on CRAFTERS COMPANION MONTHLY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Fiona said...

Such a funny card for this occasion - very clever! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Ruby said...

Such a fun image and card! Great use of our colours. Thanks for joining in the fun over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Arline said...

Great card! Thanks for joining in with my candy!x

Wenda said...

Great card.

Hugs Wnda

sparklingblackrose said...

Great card, youve made a great male card-always a difficult task! Elaine-xxx-

cheryl said...

oh hun this is one super card with a really great image,bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hugs cherylx

Jinny Newlin said...

Fun card! Lovin' that textured base, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Vee said...

Fabulous card, love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a fantastic card. I love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

Marjo said...

This is a fabulicious card! Love it so funny and cute.

xoxo Marjo

Hazel said...

Your card is awesome - I love the image. Hazel x