Wednesday 20 July 2011

String tidy

Good morning all and hope the day is going to be a good one for all of you. Thanks for popping by again and what a fab amount of inspirational birthday cards you had to share with us all over at Penny's last time, really were some doozies.

This time we have a challenge that I always find hard, could really have done with all you talented crafters doing it first to give me some inspiration lol but then that's not the idea really is it.The challenge is ALTER IT!
We have a fab sponsor again Dewdrop crafts so well worth joining in.

I decided after much deliberation and some gardening  my source of inspiration that I would make a string tidy. I have a bad habit when tying up my plans of putting down my garden twine and then minutes later not being able to find it  wasting minutes looking for it. I then usually decide to try and keep hold of it whilst tying up the next plant so I don't loose it only to drop it and have it unravel everywhere. No more as I think my string tidy will stop both problems as if I can't see this pot I need strong glasses and the string shouldn't get tangled even if I drop the pot.

I started with a food pot that was big enough to hold my string, in my case a herring pot.


I simply covered in some magazine freebie paper that I thought was perfect for the job as it had my favourite daisies on. I also found a really cute freebie image over at beyond the fringe which I just had to add as it just reminded me of my garden., which is in dire need of maintenance as the weeds are winning the battle at the mo and everything looks gangly.



I coloured the image in a mix of sakura glaze pens and promarkers and stuck this to the pot. I finished by adding a strip of ribbon around the top and cut a slit in the top for the string to poke through.














I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:-

Allsorts-free and easy
secret crafter saturday challenge-holidays
Prairie fairy-what u doin' on your holidays-gardening
Crafty purple frog-summer colours
scrappy frog-summer flowers
digi design house -summer
KB cute monday-use a digi
stamps r us-through the garden gate

7 comments:

Nicola said...

Great altered project, love it!
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Cor* said...

Well done altered item! Perfect image ! Thanks so much for being on holidays with us at FFF this fortnight! Don't forget that Prairie Fairy Designs has a HA----YOOG Super Summer Fun Sale of 35 images & 10 sentiments for one great price! Come check it out.

Fleur said...

A fab idea, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Helen said...

Fabulous 'holiday' project!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Collette said...

Very nice - everything fits perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamps R Us.

Dorte said...

Great altered project! Thank you for joining our 'on holiday' challenge at FFF, ang have a fine time in your garden.
hugs Dorte

BrossArtAddiction said...

Great job with the transformation, love it!

Thanks for joining us at "Fairy Fun Fridays" for our 'On Holiday' challenge! Good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx