Wednesday 13 July 2011

Jumbo Jellybean and another for Crissy's DT challenge

Morning all , where do the days go I can't believe it was Sunday the last time I did a post , hopefully when my son finishes school this week life will slow down a little but he wants to go to some university open days so who knows, and then there is the garden that is definitely winning the battle with the amount of weeds and twitch grass that's engulfing the flowers but I will not yet conceed the war but it might mean a little less craft and blogland time so apologies for any future absence.

My card today isn't really for anything in particular , really just as I love the image , always makes me smile as do many of Crissy Armstrongs images. This one I won as a digi prize and though I love my rubber I guess I wouldn't have been able to make a Jellybean this big with just a rubber stamp. The card is A5 size.

I coloured the image with cool grey promarkers and cut it out to make it a shaped card. I had to leave the white at the top as otherwise it would have fallen to bits(I got a bit carried away with the cutting).

The sentiment is from LOTV and the reason I added it was as I did wonder about sending it to my niece for her birthday, but this I need your opinion on as she is 20 and at university so not sure if she would like it or think it too childish. I myself at 40 something would love to receive such a card but then that's just me so let me know please if you think it would go down well or not?


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Paper pretties-animals
Creative inspirations-no flowers
Kaboodle doodle-use those scissors
Forever friends-not a square
Happileigh scrappin'-use a critter
Heart song inspired-summertime and or no patterned papers
The rubber cafe-shaped cards
CAS-ual friday-shaped card
Crissy Armstrong's DT challenge-http://sundayswithcrissy.blogspot.com/2011/07/design-team-call.html

16 comments:

ChelleStamps said...

Julye! Your card is so super sweet! I love how big he is, and your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us again at Heart Song Inspirations this week.!
I think you should send it to your niece. I love to receive cards in the mail. And even if she thinks it's silly, she will be glad you thought of her.

Crissy Armstrong said...

I love your idea of printing Jelly Bean large enough to make a shaped card. Reminds me of cards I used to get as a child. Brilliant! Thanks for another entry into my DT call!

Happileigh Scrappin' said...

Love that baby ele. Great shaped card. Thanks for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin' this week.

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Cute baby elephant and so adorable. I think she would appreciate it. =)

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

DT Kath
Blog: "Let's Get Scrappy!"
http://kmcbhernandez.blogspot.com/

Karen B. said...

Cute card and great coloring. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kryssi said...

Oh that is just too adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Davi said...

Very cute card you created:) Thanks for sharing it with us at Heart Song Insp. this week.

Unknown said...

hehehe...what a cutie!:) love this!:)

xoxo

Sande said...

Wow, Julye! You have done wonderful job here! I LOVE the shape of your card!!! It is toooo cute.

Thanks for joining us on "Not square" challenge at Forever Friends!
Hope to see you again soon!

Hugs, Sande xxx

Tigriswillreign said...

Adorable!

Alberta said...

Cute, Creative and great coloring.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julye,

Cute card - love this little elephant! You've coloured him beautifully.
Thanks so much for your lovely comments on our blog!
Take care
Rachel and Angela
xx

sandra's crafty corner said...

as usual fab works of art. i have an award for you on my blog hunni
love sandra xxx

Leah said...

So very cute! Thanks for joining us at Heart Song this week:)

Bettina L. said...

How adorable that elephant is. Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Bettina

Peggy T. said...

Julye, your little elephant is so adorable. Very creative. Your coloring is awesome. Thank you for joining us at Heart Song Inspirations Challenge. Hope to see more of your work.

Peggy T.
Heartsong DT