Sunday 24 July 2011

Pearls and swirls

Morning peeps and hope it is a good one for you all. Well this card today is for another fab challenge at One Stitch at a time and you can get all artistic this time as the theme is pearls and swirls.

I got to choose from the fab designs by Stef this time round and chose this fab silhoette of a flower. For my swirls I decided to do some dry embossing and a little ribbon swirling, just fro fun. Pearls , think I went a bit mad as I added a drop of liquid pearl to the end of each swirl, I really didn't think there were that many when I started and I think now less would have defintely been more but once I'd started I had to coninue.


The sentiment is from LOTV which I powder embossed, and I think fits perfectly as it's a card for my sister in law for sister's day on the 7th August.




We have fab sponsors again Digis with attitude!



 and Flourishes with a Bling.

Look forward to seeing all your pearls and swirls anddo't forget the Pretty in Print competition we have on at the moment too, your chance to be part of a magazine who could resist?


Oh best show you my finished card nearly forgot, not sure what my brain is up to these days.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Auds sentiments-anything to make someone smile/enjoy their day
craft us crazy-anything goes
Shelly's images-show us what you got
crafts and me-add a flower
for fun challenges-2 different ribbons
paper pretties-embossing
Happileigh scrappin-make your own embelli
House of Gilli-anything goes


17 comments:

Stef H said...

julye! this is simply gorgeous! i'm grabbing it.
please check my newsletter (http://glitterbabesnews.blogspot.com/) on saturdays to see if you're showcased.

hugs :)

Deb said...

Beautiful creation Julye, very classy and love the embossing
Debs
xxx

stampingmarianne said...

Very stylish card with the pearls! Love the sentiment!
Have a good weekend!
marianne

Unknown said...

This is so elegant, love how you accentuated the embossing, so elegant xx

MaryB said...

Love the black and white. So elegant.

Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy.

Audrey said...

What an elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Wenda said...

Great card.

Hugs Wenda

Marjo said...

Hi Julye,

Such a beautiful and elegant card...I love it...xoxo Marjo

Renee said...

how pretty!! great being on the dt with you.

Choccy said...

A stunning card Julye !! I love it !!

Choccy xx

Love crafts forever said...

Oh i love that embossing, and i love your silver dots. Beautiful card.
Hugs Nat

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is such a fab card very classy looking & I love the black & white.

Thank you also for joining the Rockin' Rubbah Girlz at Crafts & Me, good luck.

LOtsa Hugs Vicky xxx

Christine said...

I just love this card - I haven't seen the intwined ribbon before and I love the look. The pearls on the end of the embossing is new to me too - great idea. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week and the new ideas!

stitchy said...

Julye, I agree with Christine, that entwined ribbon is such a perfect accent on such a beautiful card.. :)

stitch
xoxox

sparklingblackrose said...

Really lovely :-) Elaine-xxx-

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing!
Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Jilly said...

Gorgeous colors you selected here and wonderful details with it. You are very talented and waiting for new cards work.
detektive