Tuesday 5 July 2011

Summer retirement

Morning peeps hope today is a good one for you. My card this morning is my DT card for our challenge over at creative craft challenges, have to apologise to all you lovelies that entered as Mr Linky wouldn't show me who had entered so I didn't do any commenting though I think a couple of the team could comment as they could see your fab cards and I did manage to comment on the comment entries, but I am told they were all fab .Hopefully I'll have access this time around as we have a brand new blog in the hopes of curing all the problems we have been encountering of late.Please check it out and re-follow us, thanks in anticipation for your continued support.

Another fab challenge lined up for you all and perfect for this time of years well in the northern hemisphere at least 'Pretty blossoms'. Fab sponsors again in the form of LOTV and meljen,and a goody bag provided by our fabby boss lady Sandra.

Now my card well as you may have gathered from my title it's a retirement card for the lady who has been one of my sons NTA's during his time at secondary school.He is sad to see her leave as she has a greater appreciation of what he goes through since having had hip surgery and she will be missed by her greatly. Have to say as she was head NTA he is apprehensive about how things will pan out next year to say the least as he doesn't have a great deal of confidence in how the other staff and possible replacement will understand his needs and abilities more to the point as most of them just don't like to listen to anything he has to say and think they know best (in my opinion from what I have seen and encountered).


My card anyway is coloured with promarkers , background and images with the exception of the wee ladies shoes. Now that has hopefully got you intrigued as I am showing you the image I used , which happens to be a fab freebie meljen let us use, along with the image I used for my border.

The background is a rainbow crafts stamp called twirly daisy and was the same image as one of our prizes from the last challenge, wonder who the lucky winner was , will have to pop over here and check that out.

I kept the card fairly simple though my son says it's not my usual style and is a bit fussy , I just think it's bright and cheerful but hey ho we all have different opinions and my son at least is honest in what he says.The sentiment is a peel-off for ease of use more than anything.


Now I decide to decorate the inside too as this LOTV image just seemed to fit perfectly with the rest of my card and had to colour it in so she was wearing a red had , for the new member of the 'red hat brigade'. hope Mrs H sees the funny side of it, I think she will. again the image is coloured with the same Promarkers and same colours with a few additions, well thought just sticking to orange , yellow and red might look a bit odd.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-


Digi doodles shops best-anything goes
Lollipop challenges-anything goes
Crafty Catz-colours of summer
Alphabet challenge-I for insects
Lexi's challenges-It's a bugs life
By the cute and girly- wings
Stamp something-digi
Paper pretties-colour challenge
Craft us crazy-summer
LOTV-celebrate
MAWTT-here comes summer
CRAFT-gardening
Truely scrumptious-wings
I love promarkers-flowers

18 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh what gorgeous flowers .. a really summery card .. fab colours
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for my summer themed challenge
Lisa x

Lisa Jane said...

ops forgot to say -Thanks for joining is at BTC&G this month
Lisa xx

Unknown said...

What a pretty card thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.

Kerry

Anonymous said...

Love the bright cheerful colours.Looks like a lovely Summer garden.Very pretty.Thanks for joining us at DDSC :D
Lisa x

xxxtglxxx said...

Awesome colouring on these flowers - great image and a really cheery, summery card.

Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Janette said...

This card really makes me think of summer days, so pretty, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Unknown said...

what a special card! you've thought of every detail-- perfectly! i hope everything works out well for your son!

God bless! xoxo

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, Love how you decorated inside too. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Julye
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

Cheryl said...

Super cute! I love the images and colors you used.



~Cheryl~
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

sharon said...

Very pretty card, I love the cheerful colours, thanks for joining in at CRAFT challenge and Lexis creations. Good luck in all the challenges. Sharon x

dj1952 said...

Fantastic card! I love the front, as well as the inside. You did a great coloring job. Thanks for joining us at DDSC. Hugs, dj

shaz earl said...

Beautiful card thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this time hope you will join us again xx

DesignerDiva said...

Love your bright orange flowers and the LOTV inside is a great idea.

Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge

Hugs Laurie x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous I love the image and your colours are fab, thanks for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week, hugs pops x

Dawn said...

Hi Julye, That pretty little lady in red is way to gorgeous to be working in the garden!! Wonderful summery card, great mix of images. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Hugs, Dawn

Fleur said...

A beautiful card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Wendy said...

Love the card Hun thank you for joining us for our things with wings challenge at trulyscrumptious

Wendy DT TS