Sunday 6 December 2009

dreaming of summer

Bring back summer but never mind christmas I'm on the count down to the winter solstice, as them I can say summers on its way and the days will be getting longer, 21st of december usually.  Not that I'm a sun worshipper or anything LOL, but I love the sun and all the nice things spring and summer days bring, like spending time outside crafting of course. This card is for the challenge at Charisma cards where the theme is dreaming of summer, which I often do, not to wish my life away but in my ideal world there would be sunshine everyday and so as we didn't have droughts etc it could rain between 10pm and 6 am only. The only time we could have snow would be at christmas and boxing day so everyone could enjoy it and look forward to it, but we don't live in Julye world so I guess for now I'll put up with the rain and dream.
This sketch is for the the sugar bowl challenge and the image just makes me smile and think of my mum who even now tells me off for walking around with no shoes on, I was forever getting into trouble when younger for walking around outside barefoot. We went camping and I didn't like the wet grass wetting my feet inside my shoes so would take them off, and I never stood in anything untoward though I did get a few stones stuck inmy feet when I walked down the paths and roads. The challenge also wanted you to use your favourite colour and mine is turqoise  and I love it when its mixed with chocolatey brown and white, the combination just seems so clean and fresh and I love butterflies too. Hope my card brings back happy memories for you too.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Very pretty card, I love the papers and image!
Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Sally said...

Lovely card. Love the butterflies, which definitely do remind me of summer. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, thanks so much for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Vee said...

A gorgeous summer card, love the little butterflies. I agree, I love Summer days and hate winter unless it's snowing.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Allison said...

lovely summer card
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Lilian said...

What a lovely card! Love the image and papers you used.
Thanks for taking time to join us this busy Holiday Season at the SB challenge! Hope to see you in the next challenge too & Happy New Year!