Wednesday 9 December 2009

purple iris ship one not three

This is a christmas card experiment,iris folding isn't something I do alot of so am not particularly profficient at it, but once in a while it's nice to do something completely different to stamping. I don't know why I did purples but I'm glad I did as now I can enter the challenge over at Allsorts who want a purple project.

One stop craft challenge want some fancy folding so I think I'll enter my little ship into their challenge too as they count iris folding as fancy.


Cupcake challenge have a theme of a christmas carol and though I'm not sure whether its classed as a carol I couldn't stop singing I saw 3 ships come sailing in whilst I was making this card good job no one heard me as I got worse and worse the longer I sang, or howled howver you want to call it, made funny noises etc, but I enjoyed myself. hope you like the card.

8 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Julye

Such and usual card. Really neat and well made with all those gorgeous shades of purple!

Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

p.s. You look pretty proficient to me!!!

Faye said...

Your iris folded card is superb, Julye. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Fabulous job on your Iris folding!! Love the image and the colors!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! :) don't forget to check out the sidebar of my blog for all the Whimsy DT members name to find the correct blog that is giving away the candy for the day!! HUGS

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! I am impressed!

brenda said...

Wow this is stunning, looks so intricate and the colours blend beautifully.

Thank you for sharing your card with us at Allsorts.

B x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wow! Fantastic iris folding. You are so clever doing that - I just can't get the hang of it. A gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Gro said...

Your folded card is great
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts

Shelly said...

Cute card and great take on the theme (especially the singing lol)! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge!
Shelly ;)