Tuesday 15 December 2009

A gift for me

Each year my hubby gets me a diary so I can keep track of everybodies appointments etc and being hubby as long as its servicable it doesn't matter, this years or rather next years is black this years was red(not too bad), so I decided to dress it up so I can enter a couple of challenges and have a better looking diary too.

The image had to be my favourite little miss attitude grojuss girl from sugar nellie. I actually found a photo the other day of me as a young girl in a very similar stance along with one with me standing hands on hips looking just as indignant about 5 or 6 years old. I've not shown mum this stamp but I'm sure she'll say 'just like you as a little girl' stubborn I think you could say.

Well my new diary I have used a couple of challenge themes, the layout is from The pixie Cottage challenge .

The colour scheme I used was from Sweet Stampin you had to pick at least 3 of 4 colours, light blue,bright blue olive and mustard. The pictures not too good at the colours despite me trying to adjust the levels on photoshop these lights in my sons study room are as bad if not worse than my kitchen, never mind only 6 days to winter solstice and then spring and summer are on their way. I think I've managed to use  all 4 colours just by picking the papers and ribbon I did.

Sketchy colours also have a colour theme of green and blue being the main colours on your project so I guess I can enter that challenge too.


The papers I picked as part of the Stamping Vacation challenge, you had to use 3 designer papers from a list of patterns give to you to choose from. I picked stripes,flowers and circles. The bright blue striped paper, pale blue paper with small tulip like flowers on at the bottom of the layout and my gorjuss girl in overlaid onto pale green paper with olive and light and medium blue circles on.

Finally Totally gorjuss have a free and easy theme this week so my little miss will be popping along there to say hi to all the other gorjuss girls and wishing them a merry christmas along the way.

10 comments:

Faye said...

What a beautiful card, love your use of the colour and I am a big fan of Gorjus girls! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. x

craftymum said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at TG
Love Sarah W XXX

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage.

Queen La Rubba said...

What a great idea!!! Perfect for the front of your day planner. Your little girl is darling. Turquoise is my color, LOVE the hearts! Thank you for joining us at "Sweetstampin" Challenge Blog! Wouldl oe to see more of your work so hop on back and enter more of our weekly challenges!
Love it!
HUGS
Rach

Margreet said...

you made a great card with a cute stamp........thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin!
xxx Margreet

Marianne said...

Your book is really beautiful!!
I think it is great that you have made something to yourself!
Thank you for joining the challenge.
Hugs, Marianne:)

Unknown said...

such a gorgeous keepsake, well at least for a year anyway! its beautiful
thank you so much for joining us for a sweet stampin challenge
love emma xxx

Michele Spera said...

love he idea of dressing up the appointment book:-) love the colors you picked! thank you for joining us at TG
Michele

Unknown said...

Oh this is great, lovely idea too

Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin this week

Jan x

Denise Clark said...

So sweet! L ove the papers you chose and those hearts are a wonderful touch!