Friday 4 December 2009

My first decorated candle

I have often wondered how clever crafters actually manage to stamp on candles, do they just have a nack for rolling the stamp around the candle and then really cleverly colour it. Well I found a really good tutorial on passion for promarkers and I can't believe it is so easy, I managed it and I was quite pleased with the results, despite the only candle I could find was a long thin one, the hardest part was finding a suitable image,but I think I managedsee what you think and if you fancy a go pop over to the tutorials on passion for promarkers, you could then enter in their challenge.

I am going to enter my candle into a few challenges well perhaps more than a few as they all have criteria that my special candle fills, I know it doesn't look special but it is as it's the first one I've done, did I tell you that already. Well Passion for promarkers have a special challenge that you can enter as many times as you like as long as it uses promarkers, has a christmas theme and isn't a card, see 3 out of 3.

Roses on paper have a challenge similar in that they want something altered for a christmas gift so I can enter this challenge too.
Winter wonderland I had forgotten wanted you to decorate a candle or candle holder and I thought I would be doing a candle holder but I've managed a candle.

Stamp with fun and stampavie both have a christmas theme and though I've not made a card my candle is a christmas project and I do have a recipient in mind as a token gift so I think I can enter their christmas themes.

12 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a fab candle. You're first attempt is brilliant and the image is perfect for our mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. I'm glad the tutorial was so helpful. Hugs, Denise x

Cherry said...

Great project Julie - I've been meaning to comment for ages - your work is great and I love following your blog. Good luck with all the challenges - I love this image and the candle. Hugs and Yuletide wishes Cherry

tanjaak said...

Lovely candle, now I have to go check the tuorial and possibly try to make one! Thanks for joining our Christmas themed challenge at Stamp with Fun, hope to see you take part in the next one aswell.
hugs,Tanja

Unknown said...

Oh Julye, I have taken a fit off the giggles, just imagining us trying to stamp around candles, you are so funny, but that aside this is a great candle, I love it, well done, good luck with your challenges and thank you for joining us at WW this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

Anne said...

This is perfect Julye, I have GOT to try this out myself!! I love the effect, and you coloured it beautifully! Thanks for playing with us! :o) xx

Anne H. said...

Such a lovely candle!
An adorable image and you have painted Tilda so beautifully!
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne :-)

Saphira said...

Great candle, very beautiful, thanks for joining us
at Stamp with Fun.

Hugs Saphira (SWF-Team)

Unknown said...

candle is gorgeous....hugs nikki xxx

Teri said...

Wonderful candle!
Thanks for sharing at WW this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Wiccababe said...

super candle
thanks for joining in our mega xmas challenge and good luck
remember to enter the blog candy on the weekend workshop too
Debbi
xx

Peta said...

Great job for your first decorated candle and what a lovely present you've made. Thanks for joinging us at Roses on Paper. Merry Christmas Peta

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous project Julye. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x