Sunday 10 January 2010

Aqua and red love


Two colours I wouldn't normally put together are aqua or as I would call it pale turquoise and red , I would normally team it with coffee, but I was suprised how well they worked, shows how much I know, definitely not as much as all those clever crafters at whiff of joy, as the colour combo is their challenge#61.

Saturday spotlight with hidden potential have a theme of love without using hearts, so either  Valentine, wedding or just plain love.This is the kind of card i would give my hubby, gone are the days when my hair was this long and I was sweet and pretty but you can dream can't you and I might send him this just to say I love him and thank him for all the lovely things he does for me, well spoils me really, nice holidays and letting me spend money on craft stuff and buying me some wonderful jewellery. I an't remember the last time I asked if I could buy something and he said no, I am so lucky and to appreciate it send him soppy cards. Might send this to him at work, not done that for a while.Hope it counts for the challenge, not sure what text yet, maybe just 'Love you' or 'Hugs', I'll have to have a think, maybe I'll come up with something really soppy but then my card might just sit in his drawer so will have to definitely think about the text.


The layout is from the challenge at Allsorts who said you could add embellishments and text where you want.I got my scribbled layout a bit wrong and only used 3 bars across not 4 hope they don't mind too much but I did believe I was following their sketch, sorry. My text I think I will add at the bottom right and I really didn't think it needed any embellishment.

Crafty catz #14 wanted bright and sparkly and the colours are certainly bright and hope my mirri card backing adds enough sparkly for them.

10 comments:

carol said...

hiya..fab card, thanks for playing along with us at craftycatz, x carol

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Julyeb
A beautiful card,thankyou for joing us at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

Lisa said...

Hi, Great card! Lovely colours and such a gorgeous image. I am sure your hubby will love to receive this gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Oh I just ADORE your image!! How fun!! The layout is so pretty and I love hot cocoa and how she's just curled up with a nice warm cup of it!! :) Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week! HUGS

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Such a pretty image and love that colour combo!

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Giò said...

Just a lovely card!!! Thanks for joining us at WOJ challenge this week.

Hugs
Giò

Heather Huggins said...

Adorable!! Thanks for playing this week..

Kirsty said...

so cute i love the image thanks for joining us at crafty catz x

Jessica G. said...

Sweet card with a striking color combo! Thanks for joining us in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

Maria Matter said...

lovely hun, inside and out!!!
Blessings, Maria