Sunday 3 January 2010

More adventurous on the inside

Hi all, thought I'd try and fit another post in before my two decide they want to eat. We are out at the in-laws today as they go back to Tenerife this week and as they are selling their house it will probably be one of the last times we all get together at their home, I think it would be hard for all 11 of us to fit into their one room studio appartment and even harder logistically to get everyone to Tenerife together.

This card is for a challenge at Sassy designs #5 who have a theme of old and new friends. The text is from some stickers in a set I got from qvc, its a scrapbook box set and has papers and mini albums in but not sure of the make....sorry.


The layout is for the sugar bowl with the option of new and as this stamp is new and the first time I've used it I think I can say I fulfill their challenge. I was a little daunted at first by the layout but actually found it quite easy and a nice oe to be the first full decoration of the inside of my card. The papers are kay and co and I think they give a lovely spring feel to the card.


The colour scheme of lemon and lime is the theme over at Colour create #35 , they have an option of spring flowers but I just used spring flower type paper instead, unless you count my stamped tulips, after all they are spring flowers aren't they?

Short  number of challenge entries for me on this one so maybe I'm back to my normal of a couple per project who knows. Thanks for dropping by and hope you all have a lovely day.

10 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Julye, I just wanted to let you know that you are the winner of the blogcandy posted on my blog yesterday, and if you would like to contact Donna by email at blogcandy@donnasden.co.uk with your name and address she will get the stickers to you.
Well done and congratulations, Shirleyxxxxxxxxx
Love your card by the way, its so pretty and delightful.

Susie Sugar said...

How Sweet Julye I love the soft spring colours
Thanks for playing Susie Sassy challenge this week
Hugs Susie xx

Squirrel x said...

What a divine card hun! Love the inside and the outside, and the sentiment is inspired as the centrepiece. Simply gorgeous. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A really gorgeous card Julye. Fab image and I'm in love with those papers too (they are so spring-like). You've decorated the inside perfectly.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Tracy said...

Lovely and sweet, thanks for joining Susie's Sassy Challenge, good luck
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lilian said...

Beautiful beautiful take on the sketch! Love the springy colors too! Thanks for taking time to join the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too ;) Have a wonderful day!

Gry-Beate said...

Lovely card, with cute colours;0)

Heather said...

Just gorgeous Julye, both inside and out - fabulous image, just perfect for those papers.
Thanks so much for joining us at CC.
hugs Heather and the CC DT xx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Beautiful card Julye! Love the combination of papers and the image is gorgeous. Beautiful decoration inside too. Thankyou for playing along with the girls at SSC this week and good luck.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Chris said...

Beautiful card and such lovely colouring of the sweet image. Love the fresh feel of the papers too. Glad you could join us at CC this time. Chris :)