Monday 18 January 2010

Monotone but not blue

This is my card for the challenge at Totally Gorjuss which has a monotone challenge. I am really trying to up my game and improve my cards but I've still not got it right yet. I have made this card with a neighbours daughter in mind as she will 13 I think, not 100% sure but I'm sure she'll appreciate it anyway 12 or 13, well I hope so anyway.


Saturday secret crafter challenge has a musical theme and as I kept having There must be an angel by Ann Lenox popping into my head whilst making this card I will enter their challenge too.

Stamp something has a blue and white theme challenge, I know I haven't much white but there is a little bit so hopefully enough to count.

One stop craft challenge has a theme of fancy borders and corners and I have a few of those so hopefully I can enter that challenge too.


Last but by no means least the layout is from the challenge over at Stampin for the weekend. I really liked this sketch and found it quite easy to work with, maybe there's hope for me yet and I am improving , well a little bit anyway. Hope you like my card. Constructive critism always welcome anything to help me improve is welcomed with open ears and a willing heart, though I might not be able to comply without a little practice, but thankyou in advance.

17 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is so beautiful Julye. The faux stitching is gorgeous and your bow is immaculate! (wish I could tie them like that). A wonderful image and I love the inside decoration.
Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Unknown said...

Your card is gorgeous...hugs nikki xx

gina g said...

Beautiful card i love the pretty papers and the bow, sweet image. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! It's all art and there are no mistakes in art, right? At least that's what my art teacher in college always said...hehehe! Your card is adorable and I'm sure your neighbor's daughter will love it! Thanks for entering our challenge at Stamp Something this week!

Janna :)

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful card, love your colour combo and that sweet Gorjuss girl! Jo x

craftymum said...

Such a lovely card both inside and out
Thanks for joining us at TG
Love Sarah W XXX

Suzi Mac said...

Wow Julie, this is just gorgeous, love your colour choice and that flowers is fab. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week, good luck in the draw.
Luve Suzi x

Cathy said...

Fabulous card and adorable image.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

Kate's Makes said...

What a beautiful card Julye, i'm sure she will love it! :o) Thanks for joining us at SFTW and good luck! Kate

Mummylade said...

Such a cute card, love the flower. So glad you joined the SFTW challenge, good luck.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Lovely card, the glittery details are fab! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps Something this week. :)

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat said...

Beautiful card Julye. Love the flower. Thanks for sharing it with us at TG and hope to see you again.

Kat x

Nancy said...

What a beautiful birthday card, Julye:O) Love the pretty colours and fab design. That Gorjuss girl is so sweet. Great take on Fiona's sketch.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

debby4000 said...

Lovely sweet card, adorable cute image.
luv
Debby

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is so sweet. Love this monotone colors in blue. Great image and a great take on the sketch.
Thhans for joining us at SFTW and good luck.
Gunn :-D

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us the SCSC!
Helen x