Sunday 31 January 2010

Peek a boo!

morning all, hope you are all fit and well and warm. We have a heavy frost this morning but have so far escaped the snow that keeps getting forcast. From my window I can see the birds sat on my garage roof waiting for me to put their breakfast out on the bird table so I best get on withthis post , but might take a break to pop and feed them if it seems to take too long.

My card for this post can be enteredinto a few challenges, which as I am short on craft time with my son needing lots of TLC due to his surgery is just as well, so I hope all the challenge teams understand and let me off.

The layout for my card is from the Klstampin n scrappin challenge and I really loved this layout. It looks complex when its really easy, and was transferable to the inside too.

The colour scheme is blossom and pastal green from passion with promarkers, I must admit I have only ever used blossom as a skin accent but love the colour for colouring in and can see I will now use it more often. I also used the pastal green to create my background paper, using it on the heart stamp which is made up of hearts- a freebie from a magazine last year but can't remember which.

The buuny inside the card I coloured in pastel green just for a little contrast, and I was really pleased with the outcome.

Moving along with the times has a recipe challenge, use at least 3 eyelets, 3 flowers andribbon. Well I've done that so I will enter their challenge too, it seems ages since I've managed to enter their challenge , I just don't know where time disappears too.

Die cuts R us have a ribbon challenge and as my card has ribbon on I will be entering their challenge too. They have some fab DT cards with ribbon ,why not take a look.

Cute card Thursday have a theme of 'Blooming Gorgeous' and as my card is quite springy and has flowers on I think I will enter their challenge too. I'm not sure what kind of flowers mine are suppose to be but they are a bit like a n echinachia or daisy or even a ragged robin, well thats what I imagine them to be.

Paperplay challenges also have a colour challenge of pink, green and white, all the colours on my card, so as I've just found this challenge its obviously meant to be.


Finally and by no means least . There is a new challenge blog called Totally papercrafts , set up by a group of friends and funnily enough there first challenge theme is friends. They have a fab fun blog hop to start you off with loads of inspiration and introducing themselves and there is even candy alongthe way. Why not pop over and join in the fun and help give their new venture a helping hand to get off to a sucessful start.

23 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Julye
gorgeous card lovely image great colouring, fabby layout, thank you for joining us on our first challenge at Totally Papercrafts, hope to see you next week, good luck. Sue.x

Hope your son is soon on the mend.xx

Sue said...

Morning july,really pertty card and i love the cute image and soft colours,the inside looks fabby too:)

thanks for joining us at MAWTT:)

sue
xx

Nicki said...

Thanks for taking part in the MAWTT challenge with this lovely card - your image is so cute and I love the colours.

Nicki, MAWTT DT

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Thanks for playing along at pFP this week.
Sam xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a pretty card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Great background (love the hearts) and the little bunny looks great on his own too. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Anjie said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
Anj
xx

Anne said...

gorgeous card Julye, great colouring, and a greatlayout.
Thank you for joining us on our first challenge at Totally Papercrafts, hope to see you next week, good luck
Anne x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya, WOW this is a lovely card, I really like the sentiment its great, thanks so much for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, Hazelxo

Sammye Jo said...

Julye- Love the soft feel of your card! Thanks for playing along with us at DCRU!!!!

Sammye Jo- DCRU DT
My Blog

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Sweet card Julye...very pretty image and great satin bow! Glad to have you at DCRU this week.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card!! I love the sweet image and great layout!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DCRU!!
Sheri~DCRU DT

Deirdre said...

Great card, love all the details and a beautiful sentiment.

Thanks for playing along with Paperplay this week.

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card :-) I love this image and that little bunny peeping round the corner is just sooo cute ! :-) I love the sentiment too ,,, perfect ! :-)

thanks for joining our first Totally Papercrafts friendly challenge :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Leann said...

This is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us on CCT :)
Hugs x

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Julye, I love the image you have used
Thanks for joining in at PFP this week :)
Gina xxx

Caryn said...

Fabulous card, love the papers and your image is coloured beautifully.

Thanks for joining in at PFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Ida / Little said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at PfP this week! :)

Hugs Ida

Cara said...

Julye, Hope your son has a speedy recovery. Lovely card and the satin ribbon is a beautiful addition. Thanks for joining us at DCRU!!
Cara DCRU DT

Kelly L said...

Aww, what a sweet image. I think Jodi came up with a great sketch this week, too. Thanks so much for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin DT blog. Good luck! Kel :)

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Julye, love the sweet image you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

LORi said...

So super sweet!! Love it! So happy you shared with DCRU this week!!

DCRU HUGS - LORi

Emma said...

Gorgeous card Julye...adorable image, just love the bunny and beautiful colours.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Julye! Your image,coloring and detailing are fab! Thanks for participating with the KLSNS Challenge.
hugs
Risa:)