Saturday 16 January 2010

Sweet and simple

I really can't decide on a sentiment for this card which makes my following of the sketch from  I love promarkers incomplete as it should have text at the bottm left corner. I am toying with the idea of  making it into a mothers day card or just a card to send to my mum, so could just put 'mum' or 'with love' what do you think?


I love the simplicity of this card and I added diamond glaze to my Demure sugar nellie stamp which just makes it shine as though enammelled. The basic grey card and doilie strip add a lovely look of dimension and texture and the pearl backing paper is actually part of an envelope which I am recycling.
The colour scheme is also for the challenge at basic grey #11 though I didn't use all the inspirational colours.

Passion for promarkers #34 also have a colour challenge of aqua and coca so as these are the main colours I used on my image I shall be entering that challenge too.

9 comments:

Karen said...

It's lovel Julye, sometimes simples is best. I sometimes leave of sentiments too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

LISA said...

Your card is beautiful, i quite often leave a card with no sentiment on.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Hugs Lisa xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a stunning card. I love the image and the "enamelling" looks awesome. The decorative edge looks beautiful. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Julye, such a sweet image and beautiful colour combo.
I like to use "with love" on mine if I'm not sure what they are going to be sent for as it leaves my options open.
Thanks for entering my candy hunny
hugs Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for playing along at PfP this week.
Sam xx

Julie said...

A lovely simple, clean card. Fab idea adding diamond glaze to the image. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ pro-markers.
Julie x

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Julye, love the image you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

carlz said...

beautiful card hunni xxx

WeirdCat said...

Love the mix of brown and blue, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers
Ruth x