Wednesday 6 January 2010

Peacocks swimming?

This card started off following the colour scheme at Tandastamps 129 who have a theme of peacocks or peacocks colors. I don't have any peacock stamps so I puzzled over how I could do this challenge. I wondered about a lady glammed up with a peacock feathered hat and then realised I don't have any feathers that small , let alone small peacock feathers, so I started to look for stamps that would lend themselves to the colour of a peacock and decided on this YNS mermaid.


The layout I follwed was for sketch saturday#84 which I decided on after colouring my mermaid, coincidentally YNS shpper Fihona is the prize, quite strange really. I found this funny textured plasticy don't know what to call it, I bought it at a craft fair a couple of years ago simply as it fascinated me as it appears fluid when you tilt it, so I decided it was perhaps time to use some of it, particularly as it made such a fab background when overlaid on the emerald green card, and my mermaid Fihona looks so at home. The strips and the stamped shells are photograph paper which has a glossy finish and I'm not sure where the image came from as its one I printed absolutely yonks ago, I think its some kind of crystal magnified but I'm a bit of a magpie and loved all the shiny colours of the blues and purples and I just thought it went with the colour scheme.

I'm not sure what occassion I will use this card for so haven't added any text yet, but I do think its quite a cute card if I say so myself, hope you agree.

1 comment:

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

She is so darn cute! Thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser this week!